displaying subjects' writing responses

Author
annievu94
Associate Member (86 reputation)Associate Member (86 reputation)Associate Member (86 reputation)Associate Member (86 reputation)Associate Member (86 reputation)Associate Member (86 reputation)Associate Member (86 reputation)Associate Member (86 reputation)Associate Member (86 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I want to display subjects' writing responses to the previous tasks at the end of the survey but really struggle to find ways to do so. How do I provide a summary of their own writings on the last page along with this message: "Please take some time to read what you wrote to yourself and see how it feels to hear these words of kindness and concern directed towards you. Notice if anything is particularly comforting or helpful."

<defaults>
/ screencolor = (255, 255, 255)
/ txcolor = (0, 0, 0)
/ posttrialpause = 200
/ fontstyle = ("Arial", 3%, false)
/ quitcommand =(Ctrl+Alt+18)
</defaults>

<caption writingintro>
/ caption =
"We would now like you to take part in a brief exercise, to see if it is helpful in dealing with this painful or difficult situation. "
</caption>

<textbox sc_cohu>
/ caption = "In the space below, please write about how other people may share similar feelings when encountering situations like this.

Consider that experiencing difficult situations is a part of being human, and that you are not alone. Although the way people struggle is different and the amount of challenge varies, all people face difficulties in life. What you are experiencing is not abnormal, but is a part of life.

(For example, “I am not the only one who has a difficult relationship with my parents. Part of being human is learning how to get through times like these. Most people struggle to get their parents to understand them. It's not just me...”)

*Remember-- your responses are completely anonymous and your writing is confidential. Don’t worry about spelling, sentence structure, or grammar."
/ responsefontstyle = ("Arial", 3%, false)
/ textboxsize = (80%, 30%)
/ multiline = true
</textbox>

<textbox sc_seki>
/ caption = "In the space below, please write any words of support, encouragement and kindness to yourself that would be helpful to hear right now.

If you are not sure what to say, imagine what you would say to a close friend who was struggling with a similar difficult situation. What words would you use to convey compassion, support, and non-judgmental understanding? Now see if you can use this as inspiration for what to say to yourself.

(For example, “You're doing the best you can. I'm so sorry you're struggling with this. It's going to be okay. I will help you and support you to get through this...”)

*Remember-- your responses are completely anonymous and your writing is confidential. Don’t worry about spelling, sentence structure, or grammar. "
/ multiline = true
</textbox>

<textbox sc_mifu>
/ caption = "In the space below, please write about what thoughts and emotions are coming up for you right now regarding this difficult situation. Note any uncomfortable emotions you may have, such as feeling stressed, ashamed, sad, anxious, and so on.

As you write and notice your feelings, see if you can validate your experience with an attitude of acceptance and non-judgment. Try not to downplay your feelings, but at the same time please try not to exaggerate them either.

(For example, “I feel frustrated about the fact that my mom doesn't understand why I want to move out. I also feel guilty though because I don't want to hurt her feelings. This is really hard for me right now...”)

*Remember-- your responses are completely anonymous and your writing is confidential. Don’t worry about spelling, sentence structure, or grammar."
/ multiline = true
</textbox>

<surveypage writingintro>
/ questions = [1=writingintro]
</surveypage>

<surveypage sc_cohu>
/ fontstyle = ("Verdana", -16, true, false, false, false, 5, 0)
/ questions = [1=sc_cohu]
</surveypage>

<surveypage sc_seki>
/ questions = [1=sc_seki]
</surveypage>

<surveypage sc_mifu>
/ questions = [1=sc_mifu]
</surveypage>

<survey sc_writing>
/ pages = [1=writingintro; 2-4=noreplace(sc_cohu, sc_mifu, sc_seki)]
/ responsefontstyle = ("Verdana", -12, false, false, false, false, 5, 0)
/ itemfontstyle = ("Verdana", -13, false, false, false, false, 5, 0)
/ itemspacing = 3%
/ showpagenumbers = false
/ showquestionnumbers = false
/ showbackbutton = false
/ finishlabel = "Continue"
</survey>
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
annievu94 - 7/20/2022
I want to display subjects' writing responses to the previous tasks at the end of the survey but really struggle to find ways to do so. How do I provide a summary of their own writings on the last page along with this message: "Please take some time to read what you wrote to yourself and see how it feels to hear these words of kindness and concern directed towards you. Notice if anything is particularly comforting or helpful."

<defaults>
/ txcolor = (0, 0, 0)
/ posttrialpause = 200
</defaults>

<caption writingintro>
/ caption =
"We would now like you to take part in a brief exercise, to see if it is helpful in dealing with this painful or difficult situation. "
</caption>

<textbox sc_cohu>
/ caption = "In the space below, please write about how other people may share similar feelings when encountering situations like this.

Consider that experiencing difficult situations is a part of being human, and that you are not alone. Although the way people struggle is different and the amount of challenge varies, all people face difficulties in life. What you are experiencing is not abnormal, but is a part of life.

(For example, “I am not the only one who has a difficult relationship with my parents. Part of being human is learning how to get through times like these. Most people struggle to get their parents to understand them. It's not just me...”)

/ multiline = true
</textbox>

<textbox sc_seki>
/ caption = "In the space below, please write any words of support, encouragement and kindness to yourself that would be helpful to hear right now.

If you are not sure what to say, imagine what you would say to a close friend who was struggling with a similar difficult situation. What words would you use to convey compassion, support, and non-judgmental understanding? Now see if you can use this as inspiration for what to say to yourself.

(For example, “You're doing the best you can. I'm so sorry you're struggling with this. It's going to be okay. I will help you and support you to get through this...”)

*Remember-- your responses are completely anonymous and your writing is confidential. Don’t worry about spelling, sentence structure, or grammar. "
/ multiline = true
</textbox>

<textbox sc_mifu>
/ caption = "In the space below, please write about what thoughts and emotions are coming up for you right now regarding this difficult situation. Note any uncomfortable emotions you may have, such as feeling stressed, ashamed, sad, anxious, and so on.

As you write and notice your feelings, see if you can validate your experience with an attitude of acceptance and non-judgment. Try not to downplay your feelings, but at the same time please try not to exaggerate them either.

(For example, “I feel frustrated about the fact that my mom doesn't understand why I want to move out. I also feel guilty though because I don't want to hurt her feelings. This is really hard for me right now...”)

/ multiline = true
</textbox>

</surveypage>

<surveypage sc_cohu>
</surveypage>

<surveypage sc_seki>
</surveypage>

<surveypage sc_mifu>
</surveypage>

<survey sc_writing>
/ pages = [1=writingintro; 2-4=noreplace(sc_cohu, sc_mifu, sc_seki)]
/ itemspacing = 3%
/ showbackbutton = false
</survey>

<defaults>
/ txcolor = (0, 0, 0)
/ posttrialpause = 200
</defaults>

<caption writingintro>
/ caption =
</caption>

<textbox sc_cohu>

/ multiline = true
</textbox>

<textbox sc_seki>

/ multiline = true
</textbox>

<textbox sc_mifu>

/ multiline = true
</textbox>

</surveypage>

<surveypage sc_cohu>
</surveypage>

<surveypage sc_seki>
</surveypage>

<surveypage sc_mifu>
</surveypage>

<surveypage end>
/ caption = "Please take some time to read what you wrote to yourself and see how it feels to hear these words of kindness and concern directed towards you. Notice if anything is particularly comforting or helpful."
/ questions = [1-3=noreplace(recap_cohu, recap_seki, recap_mifu)]
</surveypage>

<caption recap_cohu>
/ caption = "<%textbox.sc_cohu.response%>"
</caption>

<caption recap_seki>
/ caption = "<%textbox.sc_seki.response%>"
</caption>

<caption recap_mifu>
/ caption = "<%textbox.sc_mifu.response%>"
</caption>

<survey sc_writing>
/ pages = [1=writingintro; 2-4=noreplace(sc_cohu, sc_mifu, sc_seki); 5=end]
/ itemspacing = 3%
/ showbackbutton = false
</survey>

annievu94
annievu94
Associate Member (86 reputation)Associate Member (86 reputation)Associate Member (86 reputation)Associate Member (86 reputation)Associate Member (86 reputation)Associate Member (86 reputation)Associate Member (86 reputation)Associate Member (86 reputation)Associate Member (86 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thank you so so much Dave!!! 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search