How to know which stimulus was presented to participants

Author
linatet
Respected Member (424 reputation)Respected Member (424 reputation)Respected Member (424 reputation)Respected Member (424 reputation)Respected Member (424 reputation)Respected Member (424 reputation)Respected Member (424 reputation)Respected Member (424 reputation)Respected Member (424 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Good afternoon,

I ran a study with the following code. The goal was to present 4 different images to participants randomly.

<image wm1>
/items = ("242.jpg")
/position = (55%, 10%)
/imagesize = (25%, 25%)
</image>

<image wm2>
/items = ("009.jpg")
/position = (55%, 10%)
/imagesize = (25%, 25%)
</image>

<image bm1>
/items = ("227.jpg")
/position = (55%, 10%)
/imagesize = (25%, 25%)
</image>

<image bm2>
/items = ("019.jpg")
/position = (55%, 10%)
/imagesize = (25%, 25%)
</image>

<surveypage story>
/ fontstyle = ("Arial", 2.5%, false, false, false, false, 5, 1)
/questions = [1 = story; 2=noreplace(wm1, wm2, bm1, bm2)]
/showpagenumbers = false
/showquestionnumbers = false
/ showbackbutton = false
</surveypage>

From the collected data, how do I know which of the images participants saw on the survey page? Thank yo
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
linatet - 8/8/2022
Good afternoon,

I ran a study with the following code. The goal was to present 4 different images to participants randomly.

<image wm1>
/items = ("242.jpg")
/position = (55%, 10%)
/imagesize = (25%, 25%)
</image>

<image wm2>
/items = ("009.jpg")
/position = (55%, 10%)
/imagesize = (25%, 25%)
</image>

<image bm1>
/items = ("227.jpg")
/position = (55%, 10%)
/imagesize = (25%, 25%)
</image>

<image bm2>
/items = ("019.jpg")
/position = (55%, 10%)
/imagesize = (25%, 25%)
</image>

<surveypage story>
/ fontstyle = ("Arial", 2.5%, false, false, false, false, 5, 1)
/questions = [1 = story; 2=noreplace(wm1, wm2, bm1, bm2)]
/showpagenumbers = false
/showquestionnumbers = false
/ showbackbutton = false
</surveypage>

From the collected data, how do I know which of the images participants saw on the survey page? Thank yo

> From the collected data, how do I know which of the images participants saw on the survey page?

If that's the way you set this up, then that information is not logged. You cannot tell from the data you have.

linatet
linatet
Respected Member (424 reputation)Respected Member (424 reputation)Respected Member (424 reputation)Respected Member (424 reputation)Respected Member (424 reputation)Respected Member (424 reputation)Respected Member (424 reputation)Respected Member (424 reputation)Respected Member (424 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Is there a line of code I can add to record this information, or do I need to do a separate <expt> for each of the stimulus?
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
linatet - 8/8/2022
Is there a line of code I can add to record this information, or do I need to do a separate <expt> for each of the stimulus?

If the type of stimulus -- wm1, wm2, bm1, or bm2 -- paired with the story is supposed to be a between-subjects factor, then yes, you should set up 4 <epxt>s.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search