Soundcapture alternative for Inquisit Lab 4

Author
astervr
New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I am running a study in which I audiorecord participants for two minutes while they talk about a topic, using Inquisit Lab 4. If I understand correctly, the /soundcapture feature does not exist for Inquistit Lab 4, so is there any other way to do this? I have tried using the voicerecord function, but it only records the first few seconds of the person talking. This is how far I have gotten with my code:

<trial speech1>
/stimulusframes = [1=instru_speech1, speech1_title]
/inputdevice = voicerecord
/trialduration = 12000
/responseinterrupt = trial
/validresponse = (anyresponse)
</trial>

Thanks a lot!
Aster

astervr
astervr
New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)
Just to clarify: trialduration here is 12000 instead of 120000 just to test the code, the recordings are usually 3 secs.
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
astervr - 9/8/2022
Just to clarify: trialduration here is 12000 instead of 120000 just to test the code, the recordings are usually 3 secs.

To have the trial capture the full 12 seconds with voicerecord, you should set it up like this:

<trial speech1>
/stimulustimes = [0=instru_speech1, speech1_title; 12000=instru_speech1, speech1_title;]
/trialduration = 12000
/ beginresponsetime = 0
/responseinterrupt = frames
</trial>
astervr
astervr
Dave - 9/8/2022
astervr - 9/8/2022

To have the trial capture the full 12 seconds with voicerecord, you should set it up like this:

<trial speech1>
/stimulustimes = [0=instru_speech1, speech1_title; 12000=instru_speech1, speech1_title;]
/trialduration = 12000
/ beginresponsetime = 0
</trial>

Thank you very much, Dave! This works, except Inquisit completely crashes everytime it reaches the end of the recording... Not sure how this can be resolved?
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
astervr - 9/8/2022
Dave - 9/8/2022
astervr - 9/8/2022

<trial speech1>
/trialduration = 12000
/ beginresponsetime = 0
</trial>

Thank you very much, Dave! This works, except Inquisit completely crashes everytime it reaches the end of the recording... Not sure how this can be resolved?

Tack on two seconds to the trialduration and give the trial both a /pre- and a /posttrialpause so it has enough time to write things to disk and flush any recording buffers between trials.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search