Session ID doesn't match batch script

Author
hsmartin
Respected Member (418 reputation)Respected Member (418 reputation)Respected Member (418 reputation)Respected Member (418 reputation)Respected Member (418 reputation)Respected Member (418 reputation)Respected Member (418 reputation)Respected Member (418 reputation)Respected Member (418 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi!
I have a question about batch scripts and sessions IDs.
Our final two study tasks in the batch are titled "TRAINING 8" (session 10) and "POST-TRAINING ASSESSMENT" (session 11). However, a recent participant (subject ID 002) completed these two tasks in order, and the log appears to indicate she completed sessions 10 and 12 (instead of 10 and 11). We don't have a session 12 that I know of – what might be causing this? Additionally, it says that session "12" uses data files from our baseline assessment, but we use those files in our session 1.
Do you know what might have caused this? Thank you so much in advance. I have attached screenshots – please let me know if there is any other information I can provide.

Heather

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
hsmartin - 9/23/2022
Hi!
I have a question about batch scripts and sessions IDs.
Our final two study tasks in the batch are titled "TRAINING 8" (session 10) and "POST-TRAINING ASSESSMENT" (session 11). However, a recent participant (subject ID 002) completed these two tasks in order, and the log appears to indicate she completed sessions 10 and 12 (instead of 10 and 11). We don't have a session 12 that I know of – what might be causing this? Additionally, it says that session "12" uses data files from our baseline assessment, but we use those files in our session 1.
Do you know what might have caused this? Thank you so much in advance. I have attached screenshots – please let me know if there is any other information I can provide.

Heather

Assingment by session number works just like assingment by group number or subject number. See https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic13856.aspx
In your case, with 11 defined batch elements assigned by session number, things wrap around back to the 1st when the session number reaches 12.

How this participant managed to skip session number 11 is not evident from the logs. It's possible they launched directly via the player app and mistakenly entering 12 as the session number.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search