Errors

Author
anna_sc
New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello everybody
I'm using Inquisit for the first time and during my trial run some of the following problems or error messages arise:

when i validate the script, no errors were found. However, if I then want to run it, only the first instruction page is displayed. it then goes no further.
then comes the error message:
"Parallel port 1: No such device exists Line 251 File /Users/seandr/inquisit/IQRuntime/mac/ParallelPort.cpp "

But I don't use a parallel port..i don't know what's wrong.

Someone an idea?

attached my script 
Attachments
1.%20RDP_Motiv_F.exp (64 views, 19.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
anna_sc - 1/2/2023
Hello everybody
I'm using Inquisit for the first time and during my trial run some of the following problems or error messages arise:

when i validate the script, no errors were found. However, if I then want to run it, only the first instruction page is displayed. it then goes no further.
then comes the error message:
"Parallel port 1: No such device exists Line 251 File /Users/seandr/inquisit/IQRuntime/mac/ParallelPort.cpp "

But I don't use a parallel port..i don't know what's wrong.

Someone an idea?

attached my script 

The script you attached attempts to use the parallel port LPT1 as inputdevice and for pre- and posttrialsignals in various places. If you don't have an LPT1 on the system, that won't work. You'll need to revmove these and using something else as inputdevice if you want the script to work without a parallel port.

<defaults>
/lptaddresses=(lpt1=0377)
/inputdevice=lpt1

/ screencolor = (52,52,52)
/ txbgcolor = (52,52,52)
/ txcolor= (217,217,217)
/ pretrialpause = 500
/ posttrialpause = 500
</defaults>

<trial positiv_p>
/ stimulustimes = [0=fixation; 200=blank; 233=positiv_p]
/ responsetime = 233
/ correctresponse = (253)
/ validresponse = (191)
/trialcode="pp"
/trialdata=[positiv_p]
/timeout = 2350
/pretrialsignal=(lpt1,189)
/posttrialsignal=(lpt1,189)

</trial>

<trial negativ_p>
/ stimulustimes = [0=fixation; 200=blank; 233=negativ_p]
/ responsetime = 233
/ correctresponse = (191)
/ validresponse = (253)
/trialcode="pn"
/trialdata=[negativ_p]
/timeout = 2350
/pretrialsignal=(lpt1,189)
/posttrialsignal=(lpt1,189)

</trial>

etc.
anna_sc
anna_sc
New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)
Thanks a lot for your answer.
Is there another option for a macbook that only has a C connector?
The Inquisit Online documentation did not hold there unfortunately further...
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
anna_sc - 1/2/2023
Thanks a lot for your answer.
Is there another option for a macbook that only has a C connector?
The Inquisit Online documentation did not hold there unfortunately further...

https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/current/html/howto/howtosendport.htm under "Parallel Port Support for Mac" explicitly mentions various Thunderbolt adapter options if you need parallel port input or output on a Macbook.

anna_sc
anna_sc
Thanks for your answer.
I also tried it with serial port as input device, and that doesn't work either, due to the same error message as before . The script is supposed to be for an online version. For this I download the results from my account. Is the script suitable for this? Do I need such an input device?
Dave
Dave
anna_sc - 1/9/2023
Thanks for your answer.
I also tried it with serial port as input device, and that doesn't work either, due to the same error message as before . The script is supposed to be for an online version. For this I download the results from my account. Is the script suitable for this? Do I need such an input device?

As I already said, if you don't want or need the script to take input from the parallel port (or serial port, for that matter), you need to modify it accordingly, e.g. change it to take keyboard input instead. I have no way of knowing what, ultimately, you want the script to do or not do, you have not provided any information in that regard, nor is it clear from the script itself (it's entirely uncommented).

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search