Error Running Inquisit experiment on Inquisit Web

Author
sakm
posted Last Year HOT
Respected Member (301 reputation)Respected Member (301 reputation)Respected Member (301 reputation)Respected Member (301 reputation)Respected Member (301 reputation)Respected Member (301 reputation)Respected Member (301 reputation)Respected Member (301 reputation)Respected Member (301 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, 

I have an experiment with a batch file that works fine on Inquisit Lab but does not seem to work on Inquisit Web.

At first, I thought the problem was because I had uploaded the experiment on Prolific and used PROLIFIC_PID as the subject id because the error showed "Failed to get URL parameter".

But I recreated the experiment without putting it on Prolific and now when I click Start nothing happens. Inquisit does not start at all.

I would appreciate any advice on how to solve this. 

Thanks!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
sakm - 2/3/2023
Hi, 

I have an experiment with a batch file that works fine on Inquisit Lab but does not seem to work on Inquisit Web.

At first, I thought the problem was because I had uploaded the experiment on Prolific and used PROLIFIC_PID as the subject id because the error showed "Failed to get URL parameter".

But I recreated the experiment without putting it on Prolific and now when I click Start nothing happens. Inquisit does not start at all.

Thanks!

Provide the link to the experiment, please, otherwise nobody can possibly tell you what's wrong with it.
sakm
sakm
Respected Member (301 reputation)Respected Member (301 reputation)Respected Member (301 reputation)Respected Member (301 reputation)Respected Member (301 reputation)Respected Member (301 reputation)Respected Member (301 reputation)Respected Member (301 reputation)Respected Member (301 reputation)
Dave - 2/3/2023
sakm - 2/3/2023
Hi, 

Thanks!

Provide the link to the experiment, please, otherwise nobody can possibly tell you what's wrong with it.

Apologies, here it is:
sakm
sakm
sakm - 2/3/2023
Dave - 2/3/2023
sakm - 2/3/2023
Hi, 

Thanks!

Apologies, here it is:

https://mili2nd.co/lpbc
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
sakm - 2/3/2023
sakm - 2/3/2023
Dave - 2/3/2023
sakm - 2/3/2023
Hi, 

Thanks!

Apologies, here it is:

Thank you for the link. It's actually launching and working fine, and there are no issues with the code that I can see.

The logs from your previous launch attempts suggest you tried launching the web experiment without first installing the applicable Inquisit Player app version. If the app is not installed (or only an older version, below the minimum version the web experiment requires), it will not launch. Your web experiment requires version 6.6.1 installed or higher.

Download and install the player app per the link on the experiment's start page

and then things should work fine.
sakm
sakm
Dave - 2/3/2023
sakm - 2/3/2023
sakm - 2/3/2023
Dave - 2/3/2023
sakm - 2/3/2023
Hi, 

Thanks!

Apologies, here it is:

Thank you for the link. It's actually launching and working fine, and there are no issues with the code that I can see.

The logs from your previous launch attempts suggest you tried launching the web experiment without first installing the applicable Inquisit Player app version. If the app is not installed (or only an older version, below the minimum version the web experiment requires), it will not launch. Your web experiment requires version 6.6.1 installed or higher.

Download and install the player app per the link on the experiment's start page

and then things should work fine.

Thank you! That solves it!. I didn't realize I needed to download the software again because I assumed the one I already have would work fine too.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search