Multiple Responses during one Video

Author
dschulz
Associate Member (287 reputation)Associate Member (287 reputation)Associate Member (287 reputation)Associate Member (287 reputation)Associate Member (287 reputation)Associate Member (287 reputation)Associate Member (287 reputation)Associate Member (287 reputation)Associate Member (287 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hey Dave, dear Communiry,

I have a question regarding video playback.

I want to have an experiment running where a video gets played in the background. While the video is running, I want the participants to press on appearing circles. However, the video should continue to run after a click, the circle should disappear, and a different circle should be displayed a few seconds later.
Sadly, I don't have a clue, how to do it. I think to log a response, Inquisit has to end the trial, right? One option I thought about was to keep track of the runtime, then start a new trial after the circle was pressed but restart the movie at that runtime. But I don't see an option on how to do that.

I would be very grateful for a response.

Best,
Daniel
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
dschulz - 3/2/2023

I want to have an experiment running where a video gets played in the background. While the video is running, I want the participants to press on appearing circles. However, the video should continue to run after a click, the circle should disappear, and a different circle should be displayed a few seconds later.
Sadly, I don't have a clue, how to do it. I think to log a response, Inquisit has to end the trial, right? One option I thought about was to keep track of the runtime, then start a new trial after the circle was pressed but restart the movie at that runtime. But I don't see an option on how to do that.

Best,
Daniel

In that case, you'll want to display the video via the block's /bgstim. It'll keep running throughout the block, while the block runs its trials. You'll want a trial to display a circle (which should also be implemented as a video (e.g. an animated gif, else the background video will erase the circle after one frame by overwriting it),  until the participant clicks on it. Then run the next trial, and so on.

dschulz
dschulz
Associate Member (287 reputation)Associate Member (287 reputation)Associate Member (287 reputation)Associate Member (287 reputation)Associate Member (287 reputation)Associate Member (287 reputation)Associate Member (287 reputation)Associate Member (287 reputation)Associate Member (287 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 3/2/2023
dschulz - 3/2/2023

Best,
Daniel

In that case, you'll want to display the video via the block's /bgstim. It'll keep running throughout the block, while the block runs its trials. You'll want a trial to display a circle (which should also be implemented as a video (e.g. an animated gif, else the background video will erase the circle after one frame by overwriting it),  until the participant clicks on it. Then run the next trial, and so on.

Dear Dave,

this works like a charm! Thank you so much, you're a legend.

Best
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search