Counterbalanced order & Raw data overall D-score

Author
Cleo_D
New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello, 

I made an Age IAT with the millisecond script. I have not encountered any particular problems but I still have two important questions that I need to resolve, I hope someone can help me with these : 

1/ Counterbalanced order : The IAT is supposed to be counterbalanced, you start with either the compatible blocs or with the incompatible ones. But each time i run the code, I always start with the compatible ones and I've never started with the incompatible 's. Have any of you ever encountered this problem?

2/ I can't find the Overall D-score on the raw data files. I suppose you have to average all the values of D (the last 40 rows). Can you confirm ? 
Or is there any where I can find the D-score overall value in the raw data file ? 

Hope you can help me!
Cléo 
Cleo_D
Cleo_D
New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I've find the answers I needed, thank you. 
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
For the sake of completeness, the answers are:

(1) Block order in IATs (compatible first vs. incompatible first) is counterbalanced by the group number provided: When provided an odd (e.g. 1) group number, you start with the compatble blocks. When provided an even group number (e.g. 2), you start with the incompatible blocks. This is also explained in several places in the respective IAT script, in the user manual section as well as in other comments throughout the script.

(2) The D-score are an aggregate statistic, it is continuously updated on a trial-by-trial basis as the relevant data comes in. That is, in the raw data file, you can read the D-score in a given row as "this is the D-score given the data available up to and including this trial." Consequently, the final row in the given raw data file represents the final D-score, based on the data of all relevant trials. This is the exact same score / value you will find in the corresponding summary data file.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search