Inquisit Web Taking Super Long To Run

Author
wmfang
New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi! I have recently launched a study through Inquisit Web, but it is taking an extremely long time to even start. I'm wondering why that might be. I do use 52 images, but it runs fine on Inquisit on my computer (not the Web). 
Has anyone else run into this issue? Would it be helpful if I posted my script here?

Thanks in advance!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
wmfang - 3/20/2023
Hi! I have recently launched a study through Inquisit Web, but it is taking an extremely long time to even start. I'm wondering why that might be. I do use 52 images, but it runs fine on Inquisit on my computer (not the Web). 
Has anyone else run into this issue? Would it be helpful if I posted my script here?

Thanks in advance!

You need to provide the link to your online experiment if you want to know why your particular task takes so long to load.
wmfang
wmfang
New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 3/20/2023
wmfang - 3/20/2023

Thanks in advance!

You need to provide the link to your online experiment if you want to know why your particular task takes so long to load.

This is the link, and it is currently employing an older version of the script that doesn't take as long: https://mili2nd.co/u2bc
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
wmfang - 3/20/2023
Dave - 3/20/2023
wmfang - 3/20/2023

Thanks in advance!

This is the link, and it is currently employing an older version of the script that doesn't take as long: https://mili2nd.co/u2bc

Well, the older version isn't going to tell me why the newer version takes longer. So provide the actually problematic version, please.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search