Changes to the Effort Expenditure for Reward Task

Author
charsiubhau
Respected Member (443 reputation)Respected Member (443 reputation)Respected Member (443 reputation)Respected Member (443 reputation)Respected Member (443 reputation)Respected Member (443 reputation)Respected Member (443 reputation)Respected Member (443 reputation)Respected Member (443 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi there,

I was wondering whether it's possible to remove the forced response for the Effort Expenditure for Reward Task and make the option keys the left and right arrow keys instead of "I" and "E". If so, I would appreciate any direction on how to achieve these specifications! Thanks in advance.

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
charsiubhau - 3/24/2023
Hi there,

I was wondering whether it's possible to remove the forced response for the Effort Expenditure for Reward Task and make the option keys the left and right arrow keys instead of "I" and "E". If so, I would appreciate any direction on how to achieve these specifications! Thanks in advance.

> I was wondering whether it's possible to remove the forced response for the Effort Expenditure for Reward Task

A random difficulty is forced when the participant does not choose a difficulty within 5 seconds. If you don't want that, remove the /timeout attributes from <trial taskselections_practice> and <trial taskselections>. Then the participant will have to make a choice before the task moves on.

> make the option keys the left and right arrow keys instead of "I" and "E".

To use the arrow keys, set /responsekey_easy to 203 (scan code for the left arrow key) and /responsekey_hard to 205 (scan code for the right arrow key) in the script's <parameters>.

In addition, replace all instances of trial.taskselections_practice.responsetext with trial.taskselections_practice.response, and all instances of trial.taskselections.responsetext with trial.taskselections.response.

That, I think, should do it.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search