WebView Load Error

Author
MaximusLuminis
New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I am preparing an experiment, but when I run the experiment I get the error message "WebView Load Error: Failed to set page contents! MSHTML Control/IE Security Options Issue!"
The HTML pages of the experiment are also displayed incorrectly.

I realise that Inquisit uses Internet Explorer for rendering the HTML pages. I am working on a company computer, Internet Explorer is no longer installed here. Is there a possibility to use another engine for the HTML rendering? Or do I have to use Internet Explorer for this? Since Internet Explorer is officially no longer available (https://www.microsoft.com/de-at/download/internet-explorer.aspx), this would be a problem.

Many thanks in advance!

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
MaximusLuminis - 4/6/2023
Hello,

I am preparing an experiment, but when I run the experiment I get the error message "WebView Load Error: Failed to set page contents! MSHTML Control/IE Security Options Issue!"
The HTML pages of the experiment are also displayed incorrectly.

I realise that Inquisit uses Internet Explorer for rendering the HTML pages. I am working on a company computer, Internet Explorer is no longer installed here. Is there a possibility to use another engine for the HTML rendering? Or do I have to use Internet Explorer for this? Since Internet Explorer is officially no longer available (https://www.microsoft.com/de-at/download/internet-explorer.aspx), this would be a problem.

Many thanks in advance!

While Internet Explorer (the full-fledged browser) is no longer available, its MSHTML WebView component still is and will remain so. That is what Inquisit 6 and below will use to render HTML. Inquisit 7 and above will use the successor (WebView 2), which was not production-ready at the time Inquisit 6 was released. There is no way to switch to another engine in Inquisit 6, WebView 2 is unfortunately not a drop-in replacement, but requires significant re-engineering.

The error itself and the misrendering of the pages under WebView is caused by security settings on your system that restrict the features of WebView and how applications are allowed to use it. Those you would have to revise and change for things to work properly.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search