Spatial ventriloquism experiment

Author
Wasabi
New Member (49 reputation)New Member (49 reputation)New Member (49 reputation)New Member (49 reputation)New Member (49 reputation)New Member (49 reputation)New Member (49 reputation)New Member (49 reputation)New Member (49 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to script spatial ventriloquism experiment using Inquisit. The participants are seated in the middle of a circular loudspeaker array. Sounds are randomly played from one of the eight loudspeakers and can be presented alone or together with concurrent lights from various locations, relative to the position of the loudspeaker (marked by dots). In this task, the participants have to try to localize the tones.

Also, I want to set up the equipment for the spatial ventriloquism experiment and I have 8 speakers. I am not sure if the participants can distinguish the difference in position of these 8 speakers. In other words, I want to test whether the participants can distinguish that the sound is coming from 8 speakers in different directions. Can I test this with Inquisit?

Thank you so much!

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Wasabi - 5/12/2023
Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to script spatial ventriloquism experiment using Inquisit. The participants are seated in the middle of a circular loudspeaker array. Sounds are randomly played from one of the eight loudspeakers and can be presented alone or together with concurrent lights from various locations, relative to the position of the loudspeaker (marked by dots). In this task, the participants have to try to localize the tones.

Also, I want to set up the equipment for the spatial ventriloquism experiment and I have 8 speakers. I am not sure if the participants can distinguish the difference in position of these 8 speakers. In other words, I want to test whether the participants can distinguish that the sound is coming from 8 speakers in different directions. Can I test this with Inquisit?

Thank you so much!

I don't think that's possible.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search