Unable to load picture error - operation not permitted

Author
dskvarc
New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Inquisit team,
I'm not sure if this is a "me" problem or something that might be setup incorrectly in my script, but I've been getting the following errors when trying to run a simple audio playing script:

'/Users/maria/Downloads/Inquisit Workflow/leoandmaggie.jpeg'. Network Error: Error opening /Users/maria/Downloads/Inquisit Workflow/leoandmaggie.jpeg: Operation not permitted
Unable to load the picture '/Users/maria/Downloads/Inquisit Workflow/start.jpg'. Network Error: Error opening /Users/maria/Downloads/Inquisit Workflow/start.jpg: Operation not permitted'

I can confirm that the files are definitely present and in the expected location, and have verified by copying the file address into my web browser (successfully). I have also experimented by downloading the BART from the test library since it shares a common function (i.e. press image play sound). The BART works as intended on the machine.

I'm running MacOS Version 13.3.1 (a) and Inquisit 6. I've attached the zip file with the experimental files.

Is this something you've seen before?

Cheers,
Dave

Attachments
Experiment.zip (65 views, 200.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
dskvarc - 5/19/2023
Hi Inquisit team,
I'm not sure if this is a "me" problem or something that might be setup incorrectly in my script, but I've been getting the following errors when trying to run a simple audio playing script:

'/Users/maria/Downloads/Inquisit Workflow/leoandmaggie.jpeg'. Network Error: Error opening /Users/maria/Downloads/Inquisit Workflow/leoandmaggie.jpeg: Operation not permitted
Unable to load the picture '/Users/maria/Downloads/Inquisit Workflow/start.jpg'. Network Error: Error opening /Users/maria/Downloads/Inquisit Workflow/start.jpg: Operation not permitted'

I can confirm that the files are definitely present and in the expected location, and have verified by copying the file address into my web browser (successfully). I have also experimented by downloading the BART from the test library since it shares a common function (i.e. press image play sound). The BART works as intended on the machine.

I'm running MacOS Version 13.3.1 (a) and Inquisit 6. I've attached the zip file with the experimental files.

Is this something you've seen before?

Cheers,
Dave

You should not keep scripts stored in a system's "Downloads" directory and try to run them from there, this can cause problems because operating systems generally treat this as a special, protected location and restrict what actions applications are allowed to perform there. Move the script and associated files to a suitable location, e.g. your personal files directory or desktop, and things should work.

Alternatively, you can give the Inquisit application full disk access via System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Full Disk Access, which should also work (but I don't recommend overriding the default security settings when simply moving the files elsewhere will do).

dskvarc
dskvarc
New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Dave,
Ah, of course! That has corrected the problem. Thanks for all that you do :)

Cheers,
Dave

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search