How to save radiobutton option selected by participants?

Author
MattJohnson
New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have optionvalue set to represent the relative questionnaire score key- this is so that I can calculate questionnaire scores, and have Inquisit return participants' total and subscale scores. 

<radiobuttons AQ_1>
/caption = "I prefer to do things with others rather than on my own."
/options = ("Definitely~nDisagree", "Slightly~nDisagree", "Slightly~nAgree", "Definitely~nAgree")
/optionvalues = ("1", "1", "0", "0")
/required = false
/orientation = horizontalequal
</radiobuttons>

Because this questionnaire scores Definitely Disagree and Slightly Disagree the same, and Slightly Agree and Definitely Agree the same, I also want to save the option selected by participants for each item (e.g., as well as saving the option value, I'd like to know if the participant chose Definitely Disagree, Slightly Disagree, Slightly Agree, or Definitely Agree). I've tried creating an expression for each question option and saving that expression as a column in the data output:

<summarydata>
/ columns = (inquisit.version, computer.platform, script.startdate, script.starttime, script.subjectid, script.groupid, script.sessionid,
script.elapsedtime, script.completed,
expressions.AQ1
</summarydata>

<expressions>
/AQ1 = (radiobuttons.AQ_1.option)
</expressions>

Unfortunately, this doesn't work; no value is returned, just an empty cell. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
MattJohnson - 8/29/2023
I have optionvalue set to represent the relative questionnaire score key- this is so that I can calculate questionnaire scores, and have Inquisit return participants' total and subscale scores. 

<radiobuttons AQ_1>
/options = ("Definitely~nDisagree", "Slightly~nDisagree", "Slightly~nAgree", "Definitely~nAgree")
/required = false
</radiobuttons>

Because this questionnaire scores Definitely Disagree and Slightly Disagree the same, and Slightly Agree and Definitely Agree the same, I also want to save the option selected by participants for each item (e.g., as well as saving the option value, I'd like to know if the participant chose Definitely Disagree, Slightly Disagree, Slightly Agree, or Definitely Agree). I've tried creating an expression for each question option and saving that expression as a column in the data output:

<summarydata>
/ columns = (inquisit.version, computer.platform, script.startdate, script.starttime, script.subjectid, script.groupid, script.sessionid,
expressions.AQ1
</summarydata>

<expressions>
</expressions>

Unfortunately, this doesn't work; no value is returned, just an empty cell. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/current/html/language/properties/selectedcaption.htm is the property you are looking for, not option.

MattJohnson
MattJohnson
New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 8/29/2023
MattJohnson - 8/29/2023

<radiobuttons AQ_1>
/required = false
</radiobuttons>

<summarydata>
expressions.AQ1
</summarydata>

<expressions>
</expressions>

Thanks,
Matt

https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/current/html/language/properties/selectedcaption.htm is the property you are looking for, not option.

Fantastic! Thank you for your help!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search