IAT Instruction Page - Breaking Between Inquisite Lab and Inquisite Web

IAT Instruction Page - Breaking Between Inquisite Lab and Inquisite...
Author
belakfan3
New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi everyone,

I've hit a bit of an issue where I have an IAT created using Inquisite Lab that works perfectly, but when I upload it to test using Inquisite Web, which is how participants will do it, the images show boxes with question marks but then work perfectly fine when you advance to the actual IAT.

See screenshots of what the instruction sheet looks like and what the IAT looks.

Any suggestions on what I could do or why this is happening?

Thanks!
Attachments
IAT Instruction Sheet Broken.jpeg (50 views, 248.00 KB)
Instruction HTML.png (52 views, 290.00 KB)
IAT Inquisite Code.png (54 views, 120.00 KB)
IAT Example Trial.png (51 views, 250.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
belakfan3 - 9/15/2023
Hi everyone,

I've hit a bit of an issue where I have an IAT created using Inquisite Lab that works perfectly, but when I upload it to test using Inquisite Web, which is how participants will do it, the images show boxes with question marks but then work perfectly fine when you advance to the actual IAT.

See screenshots of what the instruction sheet looks like and what the IAT looks.

Any suggestions on what I could do or why this is happening?

Thanks!

You will need to enter the image file names in all lowercase letters in the script's <item> elements for them to be able to be displayed properly on the instruction pages.

I.e.

<item targetA>
/ 1 = "wmuc.jpg"
/ 2 = "wfuc.jpg"
/ 4 = "bmuc.jpg"
/ 5 = "bfuc.jpg"
</item>

<item targetB>
/ 1 = "wmwc.jpg"
/ 2 = "wfwc.jpg"
/ 4 = "bmwc.jpg"
/ 5 = "bfwc.jpg"
</item>

instead of

<item targetA>
/ 1 = "WMUC.jpg"
/ 2 = "WFUC.jpg"
/ 4 = "BMUC.jpg"
/ 5 = "BFUC.jpg"
</item>

<item targetB>
/ 1 = "WMWC.jpg"
/ 2 = "WFWC.jpg"
/ 4 = "BMWC.jpg"
/ 5 = "BFWC.jpg"
</item>

(The background is that file names are always converted to all lowercase when uploading files to the web; this is done for cross-platform compatibility reasons.)

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search