Help with a script

Author
Jakala
New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi all,

We need your support in writing a script that is useful for our research goal.

We would like to create a script for a test in which the word to associate is placed at the center and 2 images are placed to the right and to the left of the screen. The task consists of clicking on a specific keyboard button (e.g., “E” for left and “I” for right). 

Specifically, what we would like to achieve is:
-    a word appears in the center of the screen (e.g., “Plastic”)
-    after 1 second, two images ( e.g., Recycle bins) appear, one to the right and one to the left
-    all 3 stimuli remain in their position until the participant responds by pressing the letter "E" (left image) or "I" (right image). There will be no time limit.

The stimuli are:

Stimulus at the center of the screen (words)
- Plastic
- Paper
- Glass
- Cans
- Cardboard

Stimuli on the right and left (images):
- blue bin
- yellow bin
- green bin

Metrics:
- frequency of choices (participants see plastic and click on the blu bin)
- Reaction times related to the associations they made

All distinct word items (e.g., plastic, glass, cans etc.) must be paired with all possible combinations of images (i.e., green/blue, yellow/green and yellow/green.). Both words and images should be counterbalanced.

Attached is an example of the experimental screen we want to submit to our participant for the item "PLASTIC".

Can you please help us? We've tried to modify two different typologies of script (i.e., BARTT and SC IAT) but we have not found a way to overcome the problem...

Thank you a lot. Best,
Jakala Team

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search