possible to change the response text for millisecond's consent form?

Author
Amrit
Associate Member (116 reputation)Associate Member (116 reputation)Associate Member (116 reputation)Associate Member (116 reputation)Associate Member (116 reputation)Associate Member (116 reputation)Associate Member (116 reputation)Associate Member (116 reputation)Associate Member (116 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi there! 

We're currently trying to run the same experiment across multiple languages and are having issues with translating the responses to the consent form. We've translated all our own materials into the target language. However, we haven't been able to find a way to alter the text used for the responses in the consent form. We've supplied a consent form to the experiment setup tool by uploading an html file and selecting it as our consent script on the setup tool's second page, called "launch page." We don't see any options to set the text for the responses, which are currently set to "I wish to proceed" and "I do not consent."

Is there a way to change the text for those responses or are the responses preset by millisecond and not editable by users? If so, could someone provide instructions (or a link to instructions) on how to edit those response options?

We're thinking of adding our own consent form to the beginning of the experiment, but it would be much more convenient if there was a way to simply edit the response text provided by Millisecond when using an html consent form. 

Thank you!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Amrit - 10/17/2023
Hi there! 

We're currently trying to run the same experiment across multiple languages and are having issues with translating the responses to the consent form. We've translated all our own materials into the target language. However, we haven't been able to find a way to alter the text used for the responses in the consent form. We've supplied a consent form to the experiment setup tool by uploading an html file and selecting it as our consent script on the setup tool's second page, called "launch page." We don't see any options to set the text for the responses, which are currently set to "I wish to proceed" and "I do not consent."

Is there a way to change the text for those responses or are the responses preset by millisecond and not editable by users? If so, could someone provide instructions (or a link to instructions) on how to edit those response options?

We're thinking of adding our own consent form to the beginning of the experiment, but it would be much more convenient if there was a way to simply edit the response text provided by Millisecond when using an html consent form. 

Thank you!

The text on the two response buttons ("I wish to proceed" vs "I do not consent") is not user-editable, I'm afraid. An alternative to using the launch page's consent form display capability may be to have a script handle the consent, in which case you have full control. See the "Consent Form" example at https://www.millisecond.com/download/library/tutorials
Amrit
Amrit
Associate Member (116 reputation)Associate Member (116 reputation)Associate Member (116 reputation)Associate Member (116 reputation)Associate Member (116 reputation)Associate Member (116 reputation)Associate Member (116 reputation)Associate Member (116 reputation)Associate Member (116 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks for the information! We were thinking of scripting the consent form as an alternative if we couldn't modify the response button text. Thanks for the link to the tutorial!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search