Inquisit Lab Freezing when selecting items of very long list

Author
Andrew Papale
Partner Member (807 reputation)Partner Member (807 reputation)Partner Member (807 reputation)Partner Member (807 reputation)Partner Member (807 reputation)Partner Member (807 reputation)Partner Member (807 reputation)Partner Member (807 reputation)Partner Member (807 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dear Inquisit Team,

I have a list with 360 * 300 elements.  I can paste this into an iqx file and run a script and it works fine.  However, if I need to modify the list items, by the standard way, selecting the element with my cursor (or use Ctrl + A to select all) Inquisit Lab freezes (or at least takes a very long time to respond).  Is there any setting I can change to mitigate this?  (e.g. turning off the drop down helper menu that pops up?)  My current workaround is to copy everything above and below the list and then paste in a new 360 * 300 element list from a text file.

Thanks,
Andrew

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Andrew Papale - 10/26/2023
Dear Inquisit Team,

I have a list with 360 * 300 elements.  I can paste this into an iqx file and run a script and it works fine.  However, if I need to modify the list items, by the standard way, selecting the element with my cursor (or use Ctrl + A to select all) Inquisit Lab freezes (or at least takes a very long time to respond).  Is there any setting I can change to mitigate this?  (e.g. turning off the drop down helper menu that pops up?)  My current workaround is to copy everything above and below the list and then paste in a new 360 * 300 element list from a text file.

Thanks,
Andrew

You can't turn off the code autocompletion (I assume that's what you mean by "drop down helper menu", but correct me if you mean something else). It's not surprising the editor will struggle with objects of that size, such as a list containing 108.000 entries. My advice would be to keep the list out of the main script; instead leave it in an external text file (which you can edit or replace separately) and use an <include> in the main script to load the text file.

https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/current/html/language/elements/include.htm

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search