Is there any way to do cubic spline in Inquisit?

Author
Andrew Papale
Partner Member (815 reputation)Partner Member (815 reputation)Partner Member (815 reputation)Partner Member (815 reputation)Partner Member (815 reputation)Partner Member (815 reputation)Partner Member (815 reputation)Partner Member (815 reputation)Partner Member (815 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dear Inquisit Community,

Has anyone tried to implement a cubic spline algorithm through ~30 points in Inquisit?

The problem: I have a list of values (e.g. 1-100) for each trial in an Inquisit list that roughly forms a continuous value landscape with peaks and valleys across 360 possible choices.  At some trial, I insert a new value (e.g. 25) into one of the 360 possible choices (say it was 100).  Therefore, the value at the point that used to be 100 is now 25.  Then, I want to fill in (as smoothly as possible) the values between the inserted value of 25 and the old value landscape that includes points adjacent to the old value (e.g. 90, 80, 70 on the left; and 110, 120, 130 on the right).

Is anything like this even possible? I currently have a parabolic approximation through an endpoint and a vertex working fairly well, but thought I'd ask if there is a better solution.

Thanks,
Andrew

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Threaded View
Threaded View
AndrewPapale - 7 Months Ago
Dave - 7 Months Ago
AndrewPapale - 7 Months Ago
Dave - 7 Months Ago
AndrewPapale - 6 Months Ago
                         Dear Dave, I would like some algorithm advice. I have successfully...
                             I'm not quite sure what you mean by "spline computation per trial" and...
Dave - 6 Months Ago
                             The copying and pasting approach takes about 2.5s for 100+ trials....
                                 I really don't know what you refer to as the "copying and pasting"...
Dave - 6 Months Ago
                                     I apologize for the confusion. I have created a spline on trial 1...
                                         I'm sure you've done some profiling and measurements, so *what* exact...
Dave - 6 Months Ago
                                             Here's the original code with some runtime measurements plugged in....
Dave - 6 Months Ago
                                                 Yes it is! I found where my bottleneck is, definitely not the spline...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search