Batch Randomized

Author
raven
Respected Member (466 reputation)Respected Member (466 reputation)Respected Member (466 reputation)Respected Member (466 reputation)Respected Member (466 reputation)Respected Member (466 reputation)Respected Member (466 reputation)Respected Member (466 reputation)Respected Member (466 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Dave,
How would I go about randomly allocating participants into one of three groups to run a particular script for each group using a batch file?
I've read that batch files can be used to run scripts in sequence and different scripts for odd or even subject IDs, however, as per the question, how do you randomize participants to one of three or more different scripts?
Thanks!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
raven - 11/5/2023
Hi Dave,
How would I go about randomly allocating participants into one of three groups to run a particular script for each group using a batch file?
I've read that batch files can be used to run scripts in sequence and different scripts for odd or even subject IDs, however, as per the question, how do you randomize participants to one of three or more different scripts?
Thanks!

If you plan to run things on the web, assign to one of three batch elements by group ID and select random group ID generation in the web experiment's settings.

<batch>
/ groups = (1 of 3)
/ file = "a.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ groups = (2 of 3)
/ file = "b.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ groups = (3 of 3)
/ file = "c.iqx"
</batch>

Alternatively, if you run things in Inquisit Lab, use the /groupassignment = random mode.

<batch>
/ subjects = (1 of 3)
/ groupassignment = random
/ file = "a.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ subjects = (2 of 3)
/ file = "b.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ subjects = (3 of 3)
/ file = "c.iqx"
</batch>

raven
raven
Respected Member (466 reputation)Respected Member (466 reputation)Respected Member (466 reputation)Respected Member (466 reputation)Respected Member (466 reputation)Respected Member (466 reputation)Respected Member (466 reputation)Respected Member (466 reputation)Respected Member (466 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 11/6/2023
raven - 11/5/2023
Hi Dave,
Thanks!

If you plan to run things on the web, assign to one of three batch elements by group ID and select random group ID generation in the web experiment's settings.

<batch>
/ groups = (1 of 3)
/ file = "a.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ groups = (2 of 3)
/ file = "b.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ groups = (3 of 3)
/ file = "c.iqx"
</batch>

Alternatively, if you run things in Inquisit Lab, use the /groupassignment = random mode.

<batch>
/ subjects = (1 of 3)
/ file = "a.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ subjects = (2 of 3)
/ file = "b.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ subjects = (3 of 3)