Running on a second display

Author
Olivia Ying
Associate Member (115 reputation)Associate Member (115 reputation)Associate Member (115 reputation)Associate Member (115 reputation)Associate Member (115 reputation)Associate Member (115 reputation)Associate Member (115 reputation)Associate Member (115 reputation)Associate Member (115 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dear Dave,

I would like to ask if there is a way to implement running the whole experiment on the second display? I searched and found that inquisit4 doesn't seem to support it, and I'm wondering if there is now a viable way to do this.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best,
Olivia
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Olivia Ying - 11/30/2023
Dear Dave,

I would like to ask if there is a way to implement running the whole experiment on the second display? I searched and found that inquisit4 doesn't seem to support it, and I'm wondering if there is now a viable way to do this.

Best,
Olivia

You can use the monitor attribute to specify the display stimuli are presented on. But the better and easier option is to simply set the display you want the experiment to be used for the experiment as the system's primary display via the operating system's settings.

https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/current/html/language/attributes/monitor.htm
Olivia Ying
Olivia Ying
Associate Member (115 reputation)Associate Member (115 reputation)Associate Member (115 reputation)Associate Member (115 reputation)Associate Member (115 reputation)Associate Member (115 reputation)Associate Member (115 reputation)Associate Member (115 reputation)Associate Member (115 reputation)
Dave - 11/30/2023
Olivia Ying - 11/30/2023
Dear Dave,

Best,
Olivia

You can use the monitor attribute to specify the display stimuli are presented on. But the better and easier option is to simply set the display you want the experiment to be used for the experiment as the system's primary display via the operating system's settings.

https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/current/html/language/attributes/monitor.htm

Hi Dave,

Thank you so much for your reply.
However, we wanted the entire experiment to be presented on the second display rather than a few specific stimuli, and because of our experimental design, we were unable to set the second screen that subjects faced as the main screen. But that doesn't seem to work at the moment, does it?
ps: we are using the cyberball_3Player paradigm

Best,
Y
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Olivia Ying - 12/6/2023
Dave - 11/30/2023
Olivia Ying - 11/30/2023
Dear Dave,

Best,
Olivia

Hi Dave,

However, we wanted the entire experiment to be presented on the second display rather than a few specific stimuli, and because of our experimental design, we were unable to set the second screen that subjects faced as the main screen. But that doesn't seem to work at the moment, does it?

Best,
Y

> we were unable to set the second screen that subjects faced as the main screen

Why is that?

Olivia Ying
Olivia Ying
Dave - 12/6/2023
Olivia Ying - 12/6/2023
Dave - 11/30/2023
Olivia Ying - 11/30/2023
Dear Dave,

Best,
Olivia

Hi Dave,

Best,
Y

> we were unable to set the second screen that subjects faced as the main screen

Why is that?

This experiment contains a few other steps in addition to the cyberball that require a research assistant to manipulate the main screen to complete.

I just tested it and I can get all the stimuli to be presented on the second display, but the main screen goes white during the run, but that should be enough.

Thanks again for your help!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search