How to set stimulus times after a stimuli after a stimuli with a random presentation length + having...

Author
Lewis99
Associate Member (96 reputation)Associate Member (96 reputation)Associate Member (96 reputation)Associate Member (96 reputation)Associate Member (96 reputation)Associate Member (96 reputation)Associate Member (96 reputation)Associate Member (96 reputation)Associate Member (96 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to have a trial that goes like this:
Fixation cross jittering between 2100-2900ms, then text with an emotion regulation strategy (distraction or reappraisal) is presented for 2000ms, a blank screen jittering between 400-800ms and finally an image is presented for 3000ms.

I have figured out so far (i think) how to get my fixation cross to have a random presentation time, but what I am unsure of is how to present stimuli after that. If I don't know when the fixation cross will end, how do I know what time to write in /stimulustimes in my trial. See my code below:

<trial regulationone>
/ontrialbegin = [
    values.fixationrand = rand(2100, 2900);
    trial.regulationone.insertstimulustime(text.fixation, values.fixationrand):
    ]
/ stimulustimes = [0=fixation]
/ ontrialend = [
trial.priming.resetstimulusframes(); ]
</trial>

For example, i don't think I can have "/ stimulustimes = [0=fixation; 2900=strategy]" as then there may be a gap between the cross disappearing and the stimuli popping up.

My second question, is how do I then include other stimuli that jitter (e.g., the blank screen) later in this trial as I assume I can't use the same line of code that follows the /ontrailbegin?
Thanks for your help,
Lewis

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search