Question when running onlines study on Implicit


Author
Message
Researcher097
Researcher097
New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Posts: 1, Visits: 8
Hello, I am a graduate researcher and new to Inquisit. I managed to run the program successfully. Everything works so far, but I am running into two issues.

1) The image from the HTML I uploaded shows an error (e.g., "shape" below; image 1). The image shows when I run the desktop version but not the online version.
2) The second issue I am running into is that the fonts for some of the HTML (image 2) are not showing up correctly on both the desktop and online versions. It just shows "ÿþ<."


Image 1:

Image 2:


Any assistance will be helpful.
Thank you!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Posts: 12K, Visits: 97K
Researcher097 - 12/19/2023
Hello, I am a graduate researcher and new to Inquisit. I managed to run the program successfully. Everything works so far, but I am running into two issues.

1) The image from the HTML I uploaded shows an error (e.g., "shape" below; image 1). The image shows when I run the desktop version but not the online version.
2) The second issue I am running into is that the fonts for some of the HTML (image 2) are not showing up correctly on both the desktop and online versions. It just shows "ÿþ<."


Image 1:

Image 2:


Any assistance will be helpful.
Thank you!

#1 isn't answerable without you providing a lnk to the actual experiment. You must make sure that (a) you've actually uploaded the image(s), that (b) any image file names are all lowercase in the HTML's source code,  and that (c) that the path to the image is correct.

#2 looks like a compression artifact. If that's correct, it's a bug in the Internet Explorer engine that some Windows systems just have for unknown reasons (Inquisit uese the IE engine to render HTML pages). On the web, HTML pages are transmitted in a compressed format (that's true for all HTML pages anywhere, on every website), and the HTML engine on your computer is supposed to first decompress the page and then render the content. On some WIndows systems, the IE engine sometimes persistently fails to do that and will instead render the compressed content, which results in gibberish output

Edited 3 Months Ago by Dave
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...



Merge into merge target...



Merge into a specific topic ID...




Reading This Topic

Explore
Messages
Mentions
Search