Issue with displaying stimuli with Inquisit web

Author
satchmo496
Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have an experiment that runs fine on Inquisit dektop but fails to display some stimuli on Inquisit web.

Specifically, the study starts with an ecoding block that presents 60 stimuli for 1 second each. It then moves on to a test block in which participants respond to the stimuli.

On Inquisit desktop the encoding bloks works fine, but on the web the encoding block only presents some of the stimuli. I can't seem to identify the issue, and any help would be most appreciated. A zip file with materials is attached.

Thank you!
Attachments
Images.zip (34 views, 1.00 MB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
satchmo496 - 1/10/2024
I have an experiment that runs fine on Inquisit dektop but fails to display some stimuli on Inquisit web.

Specifically, the study starts with an ecoding block that presents 60 stimuli for 1 second each. It then moves on to a test block in which participants respond to the stimuli.

On Inquisit desktop the encoding bloks works fine, but on the web the encoding block only presents some of the stimuli. I can't seem to identify the issue, and any help would be most appreciated. A zip file with materials is attached.

Thank you!

(1) Provide the link to the web version.
(2) Please clarify what "only presents some of the stimuli" is supposed to mean.
(3) Clarify which script or scripts you are actually talking about, the ZIP you attached contains at least three.
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Dave - 1/10/2024
satchmo496 - 1/10/2024

Thank you!

(2) Please clarify what "only presents some of the stimuli" is supposed to mean.
(3) Clarify which script or scripts you are actually talking about, the ZIP you attached contains at least three.

The obvious issue with the scripts as they are written is one that's been discussed before: https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic27992.aspx
satchmo496
satchmo496
Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)
Dave - 1/10/2024
satchmo496 - 1/10/2024

Thank you!

1) https://mili2nd.co/wyec?subjectid=1&groupid=1234
2) In the first block of 60 trials, each trial is supposed to present 2 different image files simultaneously. On some trials, both image files are presented correctly. On other trials, neither picture is presented (which amounts to a blank screen for the duration of that trial).
3) The issue affects the "control condition.exp" script, the "delay condition.exp script", and the "implenetation condition.exp" script. These scripts are identical with respect to the first block of 60 trials, so looking at just one of them should be sufficient.
Dave
Dave
satchmo496 - 1/10/2024
Dave - 1/10/2024
satchmo496 - 1/10/2024

Thank you!

2) In the first block of 60 trials, each trial is supposed to present 2 different image files simultaneously. On some trials, both image files are presented correctly. On other trials, neither picture is presented (which amounts to a blank screen for the duration of that trial).
3) The issue affects the "control condition.exp" script, the "delay condition.exp script", and the "implenetation condition.exp" script. These scripts are identical with respect to the first block of 60 trials, so looking at just one of them should be sufficient.

Same issue as discussed previously regarding earlier iterations of these same scripts ot yours, same solution:
https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic27992.aspx

Add a <picture> element to the scripts that ensures the image files will actually be downloaded upfront.

satchmo496
satchmo496
Dave - 1/10/2024
satchmo496 - 1/10/2024
Dave - 1/10/2024
satchmo496 - 1/10/2024

Thank you!

Same issue as discussed previously regarding earlier iterations of these same scripts ot yours, same solution:
https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic27992.aspx

Add a <picture> element to the scripts that ensures the image files will actually be downloaded upfront.

Thank you. Apologies for the redundancy.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search