Hi everyone, I am looking to create a new output for my inquisit script. [Outputting the ratio of...

Author
oconnordavid15
Respected Member (477 reputation)Respected Member (477 reputation)Respected Member (477 reputation)Respected Member (477 reputation)Respected Member (477 reputation)Respected Member (477 reputation)Respected Member (477 reputation)Respected Member (477 reputation)Respected Member (477 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
This experiment asks subjects to guess if there are more x colored boxes or y colored boxes with each trial having a ratio of x to y defined as either "60/40" or "80/20".
I am looking to output the ratio of each trial in the order the trials are shown to the participant. (Ratios are defined by <list ratio_trial01> through <list ratio_trial22> and will be either "60/40" or "80/20")

The trials are selected at random and will be selected in a different order every go around. (Trial order is shown in <summary data> "values.sequence")

Problem: I am having trouble mapping ratios to trials in a dynamic way

My current idea for a solution/Question: Is there a way for me to append values.sequence to a list, let's call it list A, then use an expression to map each list item to the correct trial ratio and store it in a new list called list B that I can output?

List A ex: (17,1,5,6,9,10...)
List B ex: (60/40,60/40,60/40,80/20....)

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Threaded View
Threaded View
oconnordavid15 - 3 Months Ago
Dave - 3 Months Ago
                     And you've determined that how? Show the data.
Dave - 3 Months Ago
                         On running the trial (screenshot and output file attached) the...
                             You do realize that you're only recording the ratios for the 64 box...
Dave - 3 Months Ago
                                 I was not aware of that, is that the root of my problem
                                     It obviously is. Look, you have two blocks, <block...
Dave - 3 Months Ago
                                         Ohhhhh, ok let me try and edit that
                                         Hi Dave, that worked great, I'm seeing if I can add a page between...
                                             No. A <page> is for instructions only, before or after any...
Dave - 3 Months Ago
                                                 Hi Dave, thanks for the advice I just coded the likert trial code...
                                                     You can just /branch to the block running the likert trial from each...
Dave - 3 Months Ago
                                                         Hi Dave, the branching worked great and I have been using the...
                                                             values.likert_list = concat(concat(values.likert_list...
Dave - 3 Months Ago
                                                                 I edited my likert trial further and am trying the following...
                                                                     There is no such thing as values.mylikert.response Where do you...
Dave - 3 Months Ago
                                                                         Moreover, likert.mylikert isn't even what you're running, You're...
Dave - 3 Months Ago

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search