Assistance with adding practice trials to Stroop and WCST tasks

Author
TheWonderingPsychStudent
New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi everyone,

I am fairly new to Inquisit and still in the process of learning this platform as I do not have any prior coding experience. I would like to add in a simple practice trial with some instructions to existing templates from the test library for the Stroop and Wisconsin Card Sort Task (WCST) tasks. 

From my basic understanding, in the Stroop task, do I insert the practice trials under the "remaining trials" section in the template. However, for the WCST, due to the various stimuli and logic, having a practice trial seems to be a bit more involved. As this is a practice trial, I not too sure if its possible to cover the entire spectrum of the WCST quickly (Color, Pattern, Number) or will it make more sense to cover just one and inform participants to figure out the rest.

Could anyone provide me the code for the tests?

I have attached the iqx files of the Stroop task and WCST for reference

Thank you very much :)
Attachments
stroopwithcontrolkeyboard.iqx (29 views, 25.00 KB)
wcst.iqx (29 views, 192.00 KB)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search