Likert scale correct response problem

Author
Katrijn
New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I am working on an experiment with Likert sclaes, but I cannot seem to get the correctresponse property to work properly. I would like to register whether participants have selected the correct response, but for some reason response option 1 is never recorded as correct (when defined that this is indeed the correct response).

I have added a simplified code below to illustrate the problem. For trials test1, the first likert option is the correct response and for test2 the second option is the correct response. In the data however the column correct only shows the accuracy for response 2 whereas response 1 is always saved as incorrect. Could you help me understand why this is not working as intended?

Many thanks!

CODE:

<text answer1>
/ items = ("please answer 1")
</text>

<text answer2>
/ items = ("please answer 2")
</text>

<likert test1>
/ stimulustimes=[1=answer1]
/ anchors=[1="yes"; 2="no"; 3="maybe"]
/ position=(50, 70)
/ correctresponse = (1)
</likert>

<likert test2>
/ stimulustimes=[1=answer2]
/ position=(50, 70)
/ correctresponse = (2)
</likert>

<block testblock>
/ trials = [1-4 = noreplace(test1, test2)]
</block>

<expt likert>
/ blocks = [1 = testblock]
</expt>

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Katrijn - 2/27/2024
Hi,

I am working on an experiment with Likert sclaes, but I cannot seem to get the correctresponse property to work properly. I would like to register whether participants have selected the correct response, but for some reason response option 1 is never recorded as correct (when defined that this is indeed the correct response).

I have added a simplified code below to illustrate the problem. For trials test1, the first likert option is the correct response and for test2 the second option is the correct response. In the data however the column correct only shows the accuracy for response 2 whereas response 1 is always saved as incorrect. Could you help me understand why this is not working as intended?

Many thanks!

CODE:

<text answer1>
/ items = ("please answer 1")
</text>

<text answer2>
/ items = ("please answer 2")
</text>

<likert test1>
/ stimulustimes=[1=answer1]
/ position=(50, 70)
/ correctresponse = (1)
</likert>

<likert test2>
/ stimulustimes=[1=answer2]
/ position=(50, 70)
/ correctresponse = (2)
</likert>

<block testblock>
/ trials = [1-4 = noreplace(test1, test2)]
</block>

<expt likert>
/ blocks = [1 = testblock]
</expt>

Working fine for me.

You may have an outdated version installed, make sure you are using 6.6.1.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search