Error message saying the group ID is not numerical

Author
hsmartin
Respected Member (418 reputation)Respected Member (418 reputation)Respected Member (418 reputation)Respected Member (418 reputation)Respected Member (418 reputation)Respected Member (418 reputation)Respected Member (418 reputation)Respected Member (418 reputation)Respected Member (418 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi there!

A participant recently tried to click a link to a session (he has completed several successfully already), but when he clicked the link, it directed him to a page that said the session had already been completed. I then tried to click the link on my phone, and the same error occurred. I checked the error log, and saw the following:

We're getting an error that says "Invalid Group Id '2'. The group assignment method requires a numeric ID."
This is what our participant log looks like:

Please let me know how we can fix this issue so the participant can complete the correct session!

Thanks so much,
Heather
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
hsmartin - 3/5/2024
Hi there!

A participant recently tried to click a link to a session (he has completed several successfully already), but when he clicked the link, it directed him to a page that said the session had already been completed. I then tried to click the link on my phone, and the same error occurred. I checked the error log, and saw the following:

We're getting an error that says "Invalid Group Id '2'. The group assignment method requires a numeric ID."

Please let me know how we can fix this issue so the participant can complete the correct session!

Thanks so much,
Heather

If you need help with a web experiment, you need to provide the link.

hsmartin
hsmartin
Respected Member (418 reputation)Respected Member (418 reputation)Respected Member (418 reputation)Respected Member (418 reputation)Respected Member (418 reputation)Respected Member (418 reputation)Respected Member (418 reputation)Respected Member (418 reputation)Respected Member (418 reputation)
Dave - 3/5/2024
hsmartin - 3/5/2024
Hi there!

Thanks so much,
Heather

I apologize - here's the link: https://mili2nd.co/eo6b?subjectid=048&groupid=2&sessionid=5

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators

hsmartin - 3/5/2024
Dave - 3/5/2024
hsmartin - 3/5/2024
Hi there!

Thanks so much,
Heather

I apologize - here's the link: https://mili2nd.co/eo6b?subjectid=048&groupid=2&sessionid=5

Thanks for the link. The error means what it says;

2%E2%80%8B is not a numeric group id. You need the group ID for condition assignment. Condition assignment is a mathematical operation, so the ID needs to be numeric. When it is not, no condition can be assigned and nothing can be run.

2%E2%80%8B is the digit 2 followed by a percent-encoding (cf. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percent-encoding ) of a bunch of either unprintable characters or characters that otherwise don't belong (it's not possible to say which characters, that would require knowing the source character set). Whatever redirecting server or application performed and added that bogus percent-encoding, it wasn't Inquisit.

Edited 2 Months Ago by Dave
hsmartin
hsmartin
Dave - 3/5/2024

hsmartin - 3/5/2024
Dave - 3/5/2024
hsmartin - 3/5/2024
Hi there!

Thanks so much,
Heather

Thanks for the link. The error means what it says;

2%E2%80%8B is not a numeric group id. You need the group ID for condition assignment. Condition assignment is a mathematical operation, so the ID needs to be numeric. When it is not, no condition can be assigned and nothing can be run.

2%E2%80%8B is the digit 2 followed by a percent-encoding (cf. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percent-encoding ) of a bunch of either unprintable characters or characters that otherwise don't belong (it's not possible to say which characters, that would require knowing the source character set). Whatever redirecting server or application performed and added that bogus percent-encoding, it wasn't Inquisit.

Hi Dave,

THank you so much for your quick response. It sounds like it's a link error - we'll try doing it manually in the app. Thanks so much!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search