Implementing .PDF informed consent form

Author
dinghu
Associate Member (154 reputation)Associate Member (154 reputation)Associate Member (154 reputation)Associate Member (154 reputation)Associate Member (154 reputation)Associate Member (154 reputation)Associate Member (154 reputation)Associate Member (154 reputation)Associate Member (154 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I've just gotten my IRB stamped approval, but rather than a normal word document, they have only given me a .PDF version of my file that I must use in order to present informed consent. I need to present the PDF and then have a button which will allow my participants to click "I agree" or "I do not agree" at the end. I saw on the millisecond experiment setup page that I need to upload an HTML form for the consent. Is there a way to use the PDF I have?
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
dinghu - 5/7/2024
I've just gotten my IRB stamped approval, but rather than a normal word document, they have only given me a .PDF version of my file that I must use in order to present informed consent. I need to present the PDF and then have a button which will allow my participants to click "I agree" or "I do not agree" at the end. I saw on the millisecond experiment setup page that I need to upload an HTML form for the consent. Is there a way to use the PDF I have?

No. If need be, put a download link to your PDF on the consent HTML page.
dinghu
dinghu
Associate Member (154 reputation)Associate Member (154 reputation)Associate Member (154 reputation)Associate Member (154 reputation)Associate Member (154 reputation)Associate Member (154 reputation)Associate Member (154 reputation)Associate Member (154 reputation)Associate Member (154 reputation)
Dave - 5/7/2024
dinghu - 5/7/2024

Oh! This gave me the idea to host the PDF on Google Docs and embed it in an HTML page for participants to access, which seems to work!
dinghu
dinghu
Dave - 5/7/2024
dinghu - 5/7/2024

I thought I'd tack this question on here regarding participant group id. I am on the cusp of launching the study and I am afraid of any mistakes. In the screenshot below, with the option "Random Without Replacement", does that mean that out of the 18 specified groups, participants will be randomly assigned to 1 of 18 slots, with each assigned slot disappearing as they filled, and then resetting once it reaches 18 participants? In other words, is this the best option for ensuring even groups while also randomizing assignment?

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
dinghu - 5/8/2024
Dave - 5/7/2024
dinghu - 5/7/2024

I thought I'd tack this question on here regarding participant group id. I am on the cusp of launching the study and I am afraid of any mistakes. In the screenshot below, with the option "Random Without Replacement", does that mean that out of the 18 specified groups, participants will be randomly assigned to 1 of 18 slots, with each assigned slot disappearing as they filled, and then resetting once it reaches 18 participants? In other words, is this the best option for ensuring even groups while also randomizing assignment?

Group ID is determined when somebody loads the launch page in their browser. For any set of 18 consecutive people hitting the launch page, one will be randomly assigned to group 1, one to grpup 2, one to group 3, and so forth.

You'll still see gaps / not exactly equal distributions across conditions. As noted above, group ID is determined when the launch page is loaded in the browser. If a person then changes their mind and doesn't actually start the experiment, whatever group they were assigned to on load is out for the set of 18 visitors they were in.
dinghu
dinghu
Dave - 5/8/2024
dinghu - 5/8/2024
Dave - 5/7/2024
dinghu - 5/7/2024

Group ID is determined when somebody loads the launch page in their browser. For any set of 18 consecutive people hitting the launch page, one will be randomly assigned to group 1, one to grpup 2, one to group 3, and so forth.

You'll still see gaps / not exactly equal distributions across conditions. As noted above, group ID is determined when the launch page is loaded in the browser. If a person then changes their mind and doesn't actually start the experiment, whatever group they were assigned to on load is out for the set of 18 visitors they were in.

Okay, so the unequal distributions will be dependent on participants quitting out. But under ideal circumstances, it would evenly fill out the groups?
Dave
Dave
dinghu - 5/8/2024
Dave - 5/8/2024
dinghu - 5/8/2024
Dave - 5/7/2024
dinghu - 5/7/2024

Okay, so the unequal distributions will be dependent on participants quitting out. But under ideal circumstances, it would evenly fill out the groups?

Under ideal circumstances, yes. In the real world, however, you'll always have some amount of dropouts, so expect imbalances. With a large N, these should mostly wash out, but there's no 100% guarantee.

dinghu
dinghu
Dave - 5/8/2024
dinghu - 5/8/2024
Dave - 5/8/2024
dinghu - 5/8/2024
Dave - 5/7/2024
dinghu - 5/7/2024

Under ideal circumstances, yes. In the real world, however, you'll always have some amount of dropouts, so expect imbalances. With a large N, these should mostly wash out, but there's no 100% guarantee.

Understood! Thank you very much for the information.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search