Inquisit Web Network Error with HTTP Status: 404:


Author
Message
EN
EN
New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Posts: 9, Visits: 62
Hello:
I am getting the following error in Inquisit Web. The code works fine on Inquisit 6. The strange thing is that this error started appearing after I uploaded an updated version of the script to the server (with a new file name). However, the script name displayed in the error screen is still the old name. I thought this could be related to some updating delays on the server side but three days later (today), I'm still getting the same error.
Any comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much in advance.
EN

Network Error with HTTP Status: 404: 'Not Found' in bool inquisit::Path::loadFileHttp(QByteArray &, const QString &, const QString &, const QString &, int, bool)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Posts: 12K, Visits: 101K
EN - 7/1/2024
Hello:
I am getting the following error in Inquisit Web. The code works fine on Inquisit 6. The strange thing is that this error started appearing after I uploaded an updated version of the script to the server (with a new file name). However, the script name displayed in the error screen is still the old name. I thought this could be related to some updating delays on the server side but three days later (today), I'm still getting the same error.
Any comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much in advance.
EN

Network Error with HTTP Status: 404: 'Not Found' in bool inquisit::Path::loadFileHttp(QByteArray &, const QString &, const QString &, const QString &, int, bool)

If you have issues wit a specific web experiment, please always provide the link.

Edited Last Month by Dave
EN
EN
New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Posts: 9, Visits: 62
Dave - 7/1/2024
EN - 7/1/2024
Hello:
I am getting the following error in Inquisit Web. The code works fine on Inquisit 6. The strange thing is that this error started appearing after I uploaded an updated version of the script to the server (with a new file name). However, the script name displayed in the error screen is still the old name. I thought this could be related to some updating delays on the server side but three days later (today), I'm still getting the same error.
Any comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much in advance.
EN

Network Error with HTTP Status: 404: 'Not Found' in bool inquisit::Path::loadFileHttp(QByteArray &, const QString &, const QString &, const QString &, int, bool)

If you have issues wit a specific web experiment, please always provide the link.
Thank you for your reply!
I tried the experiment again and it ran without errors.
With best wishes,
EN

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Posts: 12K, Visits: 101K
EN - 7/1/2024
Dave - 7/1/2024
EN - 7/1/2024
Hello:
I am getting the following error in Inquisit Web. The code works fine on Inquisit 6. The strange thing is that this error started appearing after I uploaded an updated version of the script to the server (with a new file name). However, the script name displayed in the error screen is still the old name. I thought this could be related to some updating delays on the server side but three days later (today), I'm still getting the same error.
Any comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much in advance.
EN

Network Error with HTTP Status: 404: 'Not Found' in bool inquisit::Path::loadFileHttp(QByteArray &, const QString &, const QString &, const QString &, int, bool)

If you have issues wit a specific web experiment, please always provide the link.
Thank you for your reply!
I tried the experiment again and it ran without errors.
With best wishes,
EN

Just in case you see something like this happening again, particularly after you've deleted an old file and replaced it with another in quick succession, try the following.
- Delete the script file from the server. Wait a few seconds.
- Reupload it. Wait a few seconds.
- Click Save in the web settings.

Both file deletion from and upload to an existing web experiment will trigger a launch page and experiment package rebuild, including a new cache push behind the scenes. So if something went wrong the first time, that should typically fix it. Also make sure to refresh the launch page in your browser on your end, otherwise you may be launching from an outdated page still residing in your browser's cache.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...



Merge into merge target...



Merge into a specific topic ID...




Reading This Topic

Explore
Messages
Mentions
Search