Formatting Navigation Buttons in Pre- and Post-Instructions for Inquisit 5

Author
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Inqusit Millisecond Forum - 8/13/2024
Hello Inquisit Community,

I’m currently working on an experiment in Inquisit 5, and I’ve encountered an issue with formatting the navigation buttons on pages and HTML pages that are displayed as pre- and post-instructions. The default button size is extremely small, which is affecting the usability of the instructions for participants.

In my survey pages, I’ve been able to successfully adjust the button formatting using commands such as navigationbuttonfontstyle, navigationbuttonsize, nextbuttonposition, and similar properties. However, I haven’t been able to find a way to apply these same formatting options to the navigation buttons on my pre- and post-instruction pages.

Could anyone guide me on how to format the navigation buttons for these instruction pages? Is there a similar set of commands or a workaround that would allow me to customize these buttons?

Thank you in advance for your help and suggestions!

Best regards,
Victor

Instructiion page buttons are not configurable.

However, nothing prevents you from using e.g. surveypages to display your instructions instead, so that's what I would do here.

Inqusit Millisecond Forum
Inqusit Millisecond Forum
New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello Inquisit Community,

I’m currently working on an experiment in Inquisit 5, and I’ve encountered an issue with formatting the navigation buttons on pages and HTML pages that are displayed as pre- and post-instructions. The default button size is extremely small, which is affecting the usability of the instructions for participants.

In my survey pages, I’ve been able to successfully adjust the button formatting using commands such as navigationbuttonfontstyle, navigationbuttonsize, nextbuttonposition, and similar properties. However, I haven’t been able to find a way to apply these same formatting options to the navigation buttons on my pre- and post-instruction pages.

Could anyone guide me on how to format the navigation buttons for these instruction pages? Is there a similar set of commands or a workaround that would allow me to customize these buttons?

Thank you in advance for your help and suggestions!

Best regards,
Victor

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search