Time to type the first lettert

Author
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
ai293 - 10/2/2024
Hi, for one of the tasks I'm running in my survey, I plan to ask participants a question that requires them to type the answer. I want to measure the time it takes them to push the first key in their keyboard (any key). In other words, I want to measure when they start typing. Is there a way to do that? Thanks!

You can do that with an <openended> trial. The openended's firstcharlatency property reflects the time of the first key stroke.

https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/current/html/language/elements/openended.htm

<block exampleBlock>
/ postinstructions = (page.end)
/ trials = [1=exampleOpenended]
</block>

<openended exampleOpenended>
/ stimulusframes = [1=text.exampleText]
/ multiline = true
/ size = (50%, 40%)
/ position = (50%, 60%)
</openended>

<text exampleText>
/ items = ("Type something:")
/ position = (50%, 10%)
</text>

<page end>
^Latency of first key stroke: <%openended.exampleOpenended.firstcharlatency%>
^Latency of last key stroke: <%openended.exampleOpenended.lastcharlatency%>
^Latency of response submission: <%openended.exampleOpenended.latency%>
</page>

ai293
ai293
New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, for one of the tasks I'm running in my survey, I plan to ask participants a question that requires them to type the answer. I want to measure the time it takes them to push the first key in their keyboard (any key). In other words, I want to measure when they start typing. Is there a way to do that? Thanks!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search