HTTP 403 status error

Author
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Dave - 10/15/2024
AKrishna - 10/15/2024
I imagine recreating the experiment on the US server would not help here due to different launch pages, correct

That would not work, I'm afraid.

This should finally be fully resolved now. Our sincere apologies for the downtime.
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
AKrishna - 10/15/2024
I imagine recreating the experiment on the US server would not help here due to different launch pages, correct

That would not work, I'm afraid.
AKrishna
AKrishna
Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members

AKrishna
AKrishna
Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)
Dave - 10/15/2024
AKrishna - 10/15/2024
Update: the issue seems to be affecting ALL of our tests across two accounts.

Yes, it's a launch page bug -- essentially a typo --  introduced yesterday. The cause for the 403s is that the launch pages mistakenly point the app to download assets from the US region (where your assets do not reside), instead of the EU region (where your assets actually are). We'll get this fixed ASAP, but it will be a couple of hours given that it's only 5AM PST.

OK, that's good to know, thanks! I'll let the study coordinators know.
Dave
Dave
AKrishna - 10/15/2024

Yes, it's a launch page bug -- essentially a typo --  introduced yesterday. The cause for the 403s is that the launch pages mistakenly point the app to download assets from the US region (where your assets do not reside), instead of the EU region (where your assets actually are). We'll get this fixed ASAP, but it will be a couple of hours given that it's only 5AM PST.

AKrishna
AKrishna

AKrishna
AKrishna
Dave - 10/15/2024
AKrishna - 10/15/2024
LePossekel - 10/15/2024
hello everyone,
we have the following problem: our web study with the name DSST_Masterarbeit is currently running. Since today an error occurred with HTTP 403 status. Locally, the script is running normally. It is not clear to us what the error could be and which data cannot be found... We are in an ongoing survey and would be very happy about quick help. Thank you very much!

Just to add on here, as I was involved in the initial debugging:

The full error message is "Network Error with HTTP Status: 403: 'Permission Denied' in bool __cdecl inquisit::Path::loadFileHttp(class QByteArray &,const class QString &,const class QString &,const class QString &,int,bool)", Code 46. In the past, this has been linked to files that Inquisit needed being misnamed in the upload (https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic36447.aspx) or with filenames containing characters that break HTML code (https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic31697.aspx). I couldn't find any such issues in this script or in the uploaded files; it's only .png files with simple numeric names and the script itself. I tried replacing the original script file (which had spaces) with one that didn't, which didn't help. The files are all accessible if I navigate to them directly in my web browser.

What concerns me most about this case is that the web experiment was running fine up until yesterday. The user swears that they didn't change anything about the Inquisit script, although there was a change in the Unipark questionnaire that links to the script. However, I don't think that's the problem, as I get the same issue when I open the Inquisit launch page directly.

It would be helpful if you could link the experiment at issue. Thank you.

https://mili2nd.eu/g6gc?fbnr=1&lfdn=1234

Dave
Dave
AKrishna - 10/15/2024
LePossekel - 10/15/2024
hello everyone,
we have the following problem: our web study with the name DSST_Masterarbeit is currently running. Since today an error occurred with HTTP 403 status. Locally, the script is running normally. It is not clear to us what the error could be and which data cannot be found... We are in an ongoing survey and would be very happy about quick help. Thank you very much!

The full error message is "Network Error with HTTP Status: 403: 'Permission Denied' in bool __cdecl inquisit::Path::loadFileHttp(class QByteArray &,const class QString &,const class QString &,const class QString &,int,bool)", Code 46. In the past, this has been linked to files that Inquisit needed being misnamed in the upload (https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic36447.aspx) or with filenames containing characters that break HTML code (https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic31697.aspx). I couldn't find any such issues in this script or in the uploaded files; it's only .png files with simple numeric names and the script itself. I tried replacing the original script file (which had spaces) with one that didn't, which didn't help. The files are all accessible if I navigate to them directly in my web browser.

What concerns me most about this case is that the web experiment was running fine up until yesterday. The user swears that they didn't change anything about the Inquisit script, although there was a change in the Unipark questionnaire that links to the script. However, I don't think that's the problem, as I get the same issue when I open the Inquisit launch page directly.

It would be helpful if you could link the experiment at issue. Thank you.
AKrishna
AKrishna
LePossekel - 10/15/2024
hello everyone,

LePossekel
LePossekel
New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)
hello everyone,
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search