Randomising attributes Online

Author
Nighthawk
Distinguished Member (4.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Hello,

I have a problem and I am looking for help. I programmed an IAT and put it online. Now I realise that Inquisit does not randomise the attributes over different subjects. Normally, this is set by the subject number. But due to the fact that you dont put in anything at all when starting the iat over a link I dont know why the attributes are not randomised.

Example

in the mixed block the IAT always starts with the following combination over different subjects

Flowers                           Insects

or                                      or

positive                            negative

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators

The subject number in web experiments is usually generated by the launch page. The method may vary according to the settings you entered when registering and configuring your script in the web registration wizard. You might want to check and revise these settings. Also make sure that your *.exp file does contain the proper logic for between-subjects condition assignment based on the subject id (via the <expt> element's '/ subjects' attribute or the <variables> element). This help topic provides a general overview regarding subject ids in web experiments: http://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v3/html/articles/websubjectnumbers.htm.

Regards,

~Dave

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search