Omit decimals of D measure on text summary

Author
Sonja
Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Hey there,

I would like to give the participants some feedback on their D measure at the end of the completed IAT. However, I do not really want to have the computed D measure with all decimals appearing on the screen, since this looks rather confusing but I only want to display the first two or three decimals. If I use the function <% round(expressions.d) %>, only the next integer is displayed, without any decimals.

Is there a way how I can display the first two or three decimals, e.g. "Your D measure equals 1.05" instead of "Your D measure equals 1" (when I use the round function), and omit the rest of the 7 or 8 decimals that are returned by default?

Thanks for ideas and comments!

Sonja

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators

Add a new entry to the <expressions> element

<expressions>
/ d2dec = format("%.2f", expressions.d)
[...]
</expressions>

and change <text summary> to refer to the new expression

<text summary>
/ items = ("Your IAT score (D) was <% expressions.d2dec %>, which suggests <% values.magnitude %> automatic preference for <% expressions.preferred %> compared to <% expressions.notpreferred %>.~n~n~nPress the spacebar to complete this session.")
[...]
 </text>

Regards,

~Dave

Sonja
Sonja
Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Hi Dave,

thank you so much, it works perfectly.

Have a nice day,

Sonja

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators

You're welcome. Have a nice day, too.

~Dave

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search