Length of time on htmlpage

Author
mbo
Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to run a webexperiment where I'm running into problrms with the size of the video stimulus that I want to employ. We've tried everything to get the file size down, and although it's able to run, the time for the study to load is really prohibitive.

In thinking of possible work-arounds, one thing that occured to me was for us to load the videos in a player that we house on our own server, and then just put those into an htmlpage. I think this would definitely solve the problem in terms of file size and loading.

BUT, it's important that the participants don't just breeze through the video without watching it. In other words, I don't want them to be able to click forward or continue until the video is completed.

I *think* I can use htmlpages as instructions only, and if I'm right about this, I'm not so sure how to accomplish this goal.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would surely appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!

Mary

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Threaded View
Threaded View
mbo - 13 Years Ago
Dave - 13 Years Ago
mbo - 13 Years Ago
                 <instruct> / wait = 0 </instruct> <block b1> /...
Dave - 13 Years Ago
                     Dave,
You are beautiful!!
Best,
Mary
mbo - 13 Years Ago
Max - 10 Years Ago
                         Works as expected for me in Inquisit 4.0.5.0. So, no, I don't have any...
Dave - 10 Years Ago
                             Okay, then it seems like we have found a bug or I misunderstood the...
Max - 10 Years Ago
                                 Interesting, thanks for the details. Might be platform-specific...
Dave - 10 Years Ago
                                     Currently I have no Windows machine around. I will try tomorrow in my...
Max - 10 Years Ago
                                         Okay I tried it on the Win machine and you are right, it works as...
Max - 10 Years Ago
                                             Thanks for the additional details and confirmation. Bug report has...
Dave - 10 Years Ago
LibbyLu43 - 11 Years Ago
Dave - 11 Years Ago

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search