Understanding Touchscreen Scripts

Author
cmrober2
Partner Member (789 reputation)Partner Member (789 reputation)Partner Member (789 reputation)Partner Member (789 reputation)Partner Member (789 reputation)Partner Member (789 reputation)Partner Member (789 reputation)Partner Member (789 reputation)Partner Member (789 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Hi,

I am new to Inquisit and I am unfamiliar with how to edit the input devices and their functions. We want to run a simple IAT that is entirely based on touchscreen functions. I downloaded the example touchscreen and I've read the script but I can't find out how to implement the touchscreen function into a more standard IAT. I also would like to take out any keyboard responses (the sample one requires that you hit enter on the keyboard) as our tablet does not transition to keyboard very well.

If someone could just point out the code (I'm not sure how I'm missing it) I'm sure I can figure out how to copy and paste and alter it.

Thanks

Chris

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators

Touchscreen input essentially works just like mouse input. You set /inputdevice to touchscreen or mouse and define the objects (e.g. <text> elements) subjects are supposed to touch or click on in the <trial> elements' /validresponse and /correctresponse attributes (examples are available in the documentation) instead of the keyboard buttons. Navigating instruction pages should work just as well -- simply touch or click on the navigation button to move on.

Regards,

~Dave

ewald strasser
ewald strasser
Partner Member (935 reputation)Partner Member (935 reputation)Partner Member (935 reputation)Partner Member (935 reputation)Partner Member (935 reputation)Partner Member (935 reputation)Partner Member (935 reputation)Partner Member (935 reputation)Partner Member (935 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Hello!

I don't know if I understood right but it reads like there is a demo skript for touchscreens. I didn't find it, so may someone provide the link to that file?

Thanks in advance,

Ewald

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators

See e.g. the "IAT with Touchscreen responses" script at the bottom of https://www.millisecond.com/download/samples/v2/default.aspx.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search