Does somebody know why the following line of code returns a different, incorrect number in version 3.0.6, while returning a correct number in version 3.0.4?
In v3.0.4., it returns a number between 30 and 40. In v3.0.6, it returns -43545435353455 of something like that. In other words, an incorrect number. Should I initialize something first in v3.0.6, before using the random function?
<expressions>/ myexpression = rand(30,40)</expressions><text mytext>/ items = ("<%expressions.myexpression%>")</text><trial mytrial>/ stimulusframes = [1=mytext]/ validresponse = (anyresponse)</trial><block myblock>/ trials = [1-4=mytrial]</block>
works perfectly fine for me under 184.108.40.206. You should check whether you're running the very latest build (Dec 19) and/or provide proper context re. your particular use case.
Thanks for your reply.
It must have been the build of v3.0.6. I tested my code on a different computer and the problem occurred. Since v3.0.6 was installed on this computer (rather than 3.0.4), I installed v3.0.4. and tested the code again. Now, the problem didn't occur. That is why I first thought it had something to do with the new version. I downloaded v3.0.6. again, re-installed it, and now it works fine. Unfortunately, I don't know the build of the previous v3.0.6 installed on this computer.