Sending TTL Signals as Event Markers to Biopac MP35 amplifier

Author
pspowell
Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Hi,

I've been working to send TTL signals to a Biopac MP35 amplifier in order to record event markers for collecting GSR data.  What I would like to do is insert an event marker at the beginning and end of each trial.  I've been successful with this before using a different amplifier (BioLog), but have not found a way to do this with the Biopac system.

Another problem I am having is that when I attempt to run the parallel port monitor inquisit crashes.  Finally, I've also attempted to run the script to determine if the biopac will receive the TTL signal and I've had no success with this either.  Below is a portion of script I'm using, first part is defining the TTL signal and below that you can see where I am attempting to insert these signals during a trial. Any advice would be appreciated.

Best,

Patrick

<port EM0>
/ port = lpt1
/ subport = data
/ items = ("00000000")
</port>

<port EM1>
/ port = lpt1
/ subport = data
/ items = ("00000001")
</port>

<trial CSM_H>
/ stimulustimes = [1=CSM, EM1; 7000 = blank, EM0]
/ inputdevice = mouse
/ correctresponse = (lbuttondown)
/ pretrialpause = 1500
/ timeout = 10000
</trial>

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Threaded View
Threaded View
pspowell - 11 Years Ago
Dave - 11 Years Ago
pspowell - 11 Years Ago
Dave - 11 Years Ago
                     Hi Dave,
I was able to fix the parallel port tool problem by...
pspowell - 11 Years Ago
                         Have you ruled out that the Biopac amp is part of the problem? I.e.,...
Dave - 11 Years Ago
                             Yes the amp is designed to recognize TTL signals. I think the problem...
pspowell - 11 Years Ago
                                 Inquisit can send via the data and control registers. You specify the...
Dave - 11 Years Ago
                                     As Dave mentioned, no software program can send signals out of pins...
seandr - 11 Years Ago

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search