pictures and videos in inquisit

Author
Leo
Respected Member (442 reputation)Respected Member (442 reputation)Respected Member (442 reputation)Respected Member (442 reputation)Respected Member (442 reputation)Respected Member (442 reputation)Respected Member (442 reputation)Respected Member (442 reputation)Respected Member (442 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
hi guys!
Up until now I have only done text-based IAT, but right now I am trying to program a Task with Pictures and a Video.
I have 600 Pictures (flowers and Spiders) and would like to Display each 2 Pictures simultaneously, side by side, the participant then should choose one of them with either the L or A key. I cannot seem to figure out how to put all the Pictures in Inquisit.

Also I would like to put in a Video before presenting the Stimuli but Inquisit keeps telling me it is unable to open the file (although I saved it as a .wmv file)

Could you help me please? Thanks in advance!!

Tags
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Define <picture> elements as needed, and display them via <trial> elements' /stimulustimes - or -frames attributes just like any other stimulus element (e.g. <text>). I recommend working through the picture IAT tutorials included in the Inquisit documentation.

The same applies to videos: Set up a <video> element as needed, display it via <trial>'s /stimulustimes or -frames. With respect to your particular video:

> Inquisit keeps telling me it is unable to open the file (although I saved it as a .wmv file)

It means something is wrong with your video or your system (no appropriate codec to render the file). It is unclear what "saved it as a .wmv file" means -- for example, merely giving a certain file a particular file extension does not necessarily make it such a file. If I save a *.doc file with a *.pdf extension, the Word documentation doesn't suddenly become a PDF.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search