Data in wrong columns

Author
Chiquita
Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

Some of my data do not come out correctly. Some of the rows "jump" to the wrong place. There does not seem to be a particular pattern of how the rows are moving over. I have included the screenshot of this issue. As you can see, some of the rows from participant 207 ended up in the wrong place. I double checked my code, and it looks fine to me. What is going on with my data?

Attachments
screenshot.JPG (892 views, 59.00 KB)
Tags
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
This is impossible to answer based on a screenshot. Please provide specific details re. the data, how they were generated and how you imported them into whatever application you are using to view them.

Chiquita
Chiquita
Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
The data are generated from a study using likert items. The screenshot I provided is in excel, but the original data (the .iqdat file) has the same problem.

This is code for the data.

<data>
/columns =[date time subject blocknum trialnum trialcode response latency]
/format=tab
</data>

This is an example of a likert item.

<likert approvcourt>
/stimulusframes = [1=a]
/ anchors = [1 = "Strongly approve"; 2= "Somewhat approve"; 3 = "Neither approve nor disapprove";
4= "Somewhat disapprove"; 5 = "Strongly disapprove" ]
/ position=(50, 70)
/ mouse=TRUE
/ anchorwidth = 30%
</likert>

I am using Inquisit 4 build 2444. The study runs on computers with Windows 7.

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
The only thing I can think of is some sort of hiccup in the process of merging various data files (perhaps with different structure, i.e., if you revised the <data> output sometime mid-study). Other than that, no idea and never seen anything like it.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search