Dot Probe Task - Randomised time durations and stimuli for each participant

Author
Geena Shin
Associate Member (216 reputation)Associate Member (216 reputation)Associate Member (216 reputation)Associate Member (216 reputation)Associate Member (216 reputation)Associate Member (216 reputation)Associate Member (216 reputation)Associate Member (216 reputation)Associate Member (216 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
Hi,

I am currently using INQUISIT 4 Dot Probe Script, as per the online version provided by MacLeod et al (2007) paper. I am in the process of having to change the time parameters and affective word stimuli so that each participant is exposed to 3 different time durations (100ms, 500ms, 1250ms) of 3 x 64 pairs of differentially valanced words (i.e. 64 positive-neutral, 64 neutral-threat, 64 positive-threat), ideally in a randomized manner.

Thus, each participant would be presented with 192 trials of 3 different pairs of words, which are presented in 3 different time durations - would I be able to ask for your assistance regarding this matter please?

Would greatly appreciate your response. Thank you.

- See more at: http://www.millisecond.com/forums/Topic13954.aspx#sthash.eeHawfbd.dpuf
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
You will have to encode your 192 word-pair and timing combinations using e.g. <list> elements. See the "How to display stimulus pairs" topic in the documentation on how to pair / link stimuli and other things. You'll then have to sample randomly from those combinations (i.e. the word-word-time triplets you defined).

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search