Uploading Web Script

Author
babj
Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm having a problem uploading a new online web script.

After logging into my account, I click on "Register A New Script." A pop-up window opens up that says "Choose a Web Host" on the top of the page. The problem that is after I select my script, there is no way to advance to the next stage of the registering the script. That is, there's no "Continue" button or anything on the page.

Can anyone help me with this?

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
You're not doing anything wrong. The site is unfortunately experiencing a few hiccups after recent updates to it. Work on fixing those is already underway and things should hopefully soon be back to normal. I apologize for the problems.

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
FWIW, the buttons are there, but may be displayed off screen. While we get this fixed / improved, to navigate click inside the window and press the page down key on your keyboard. You should then see the buttons.

Edited 10 Years Ago by Dave
babj
babj
Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)
Thanks Dave!

Using the downpage key on the keyboard worked for me.

seandr
seandr
Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)
The buttons were scrolled out of view if you have, for example, your browser zoomed in a little bit. I've just uploaded a tweak so the browser shows a scrollbar in that case. 

I'm looking into being smarter about sizing the window to content to take into account zoom. 

-Sean
seandr
seandr
Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)
Just uploaded another tweak so the buttons aren't scrolled out of view unless you have a small screen.

-Sean
kulajw
kulajw
Guru (5.9K reputation)Guru (5.9K reputation)Guru (5.9K reputation)Guru (5.9K reputation)Guru (5.9K reputation)Guru (5.9K reputation)Guru (5.9K reputation)Guru (5.9K reputation)Guru (5.9K reputation)
Hi,
I have problem with upolading files to my web script.
 I try to upload files but some strange message appears:

Thanks in advance for your help

Dave
Dave
Try logging out of your account, clear the browser and flash cache, then log back in and try again. If the issue persists, try a different browser for good measure. If that still doesn't do the trick, try temporarily changing your account password (avoid any special characters such as ?, &, +, #, /, etc. in it).

Also try avoiding any special characters in the file names for the files you are trying to upload. Rename them as needed (don't forget adjusting your script accordingly).

FWIW, I've tested uploading files using my test account and it worked fine. I.e., it's not a general issue with the service / the server.

Edited 10 Years Ago by Dave
kulajw
kulajw
Guru (5.9K reputation)Guru (5.9K reputation)Guru (5.9K reputation)Guru (5.9K reputation)Guru (5.9K reputation)Guru (5.9K reputation)Guru (5.9K reputation)Guru (5.9K reputation)Guru (5.9K reputation)
Dave, Thank You!

I try Chrome instead of Firefox and I can upoloading now. ( but  do you have any idea why?  I have firefox 33.0.1)
But when I tried to start webscrip by link, another problem appeared:

I checked my web licence summary and I have active licence till Feb 16, 2016, 10:28:38

It apears in firefox and chrome alike
I am in trouble
Do you know what I did wrong?

Dave
Dave
No idea why uploading wouldn't work for you using Firefox 33.0.1. Same version I've been using in my tests and working fine. My suspicion would be an issue w/ your Flash plugin (Flash is used by the uploader under certain circumstances). Try clearing its cache. FYI: Chrome comes with its own built-in Flash support.

As for the "unable to verify script registration issue": Assuming that the script is indeed properly registered (as you say it is), this would suggest that something on either your machine or your network -- such as a firewall -- is blocking the Inquisit Web application from communicating with the server. Try allowing communication for the process or disable your firewall temporarily.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search