issue with n-back script

Author
paughl
Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi there,

I'm struggling to debug an issue I have with a modified version of the Nback task uploaded on Inquisit. I am wanting to run only N=1 and N=2. However, i cannot get the script to deliver 3 blocks of each (it delivers 4 of one and 2 of another, or all of 1, etc). I did not write this script, so am unsure where to look for the solution. My modified script is attached.

Many thanks in advance (under time-pressure for this!)
paul
Attachments
SingleTaskNBack_letters.dat (674 views, 20.00 KB)
SingleTaskNBack_letters.exp (683 views, 32.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
It's quite simple. <counter> elements' selection pools by default *reset* at the beginning of a <block>. If you want to keep the selection pool intact *across blocks*, you ought to specify a proper /resetinterval

<counter Nlevel>
/items = (1,2,1,2,1,2)
/ select = sequence
/ resetinterval = 0
</counter>

(0 means 'never reset unless out of items to sample from')

In addition, please make sure your Inquisit version is up to date. For Inquisit 3, you ought to be using version 3.0.6.0.

Edited 10 Years Ago by Dave
paughl
paughl
Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Many thanks Dave! Sorted.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search