DirectSoundError - 2147467263

Author
MartinaThiele
Associate Member (286 reputation)Associate Member (286 reputation)Associate Member (286 reputation)Associate Member (286 reputation)Associate Member (286 reputation)Associate Member (286 reputation)Associate Member (286 reputation)Associate Member (286 reputation)Associate Member (286 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hey there,

I have an error that I don't really understand. There are some .wav-files in my experiment. But some users (with Windows-Laptops that are a bit older) cannot complete my experiment (it's completely screwed up instead), because of the following error:

DirectSoundError - 2147467263 the function called is not supported this time.. line 99, file/win/soundplayer.cpp

Others users with Windows-PCs and Mac-Users report no errors... Does somebody know this problem or has some ideas how to solve it?

Thank you,
Martina
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
It's likely a driver issue on those older machines. The error # you reported suggests a problem with processing of float data. See e.g. for something similar: http://microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.audio.narkive.com/elgNlPIn/playing-float-samples-with-directsound

Not much you can do about that on your end. People would have to make sure the soundcard drivers on their boxes get updated.

The only alternative you can try: Convert your WAVs to e.g. MP3 and use the <video> element (not <sound>) to play those.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search