Stroop Negative Primin

Author
tecnika
Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I am quite new to Inquisit and I don't know all the functions. I am trying to programme a Negative Priming Stroop task, where the word is the colour of the ink of the next word. In other words the ink colour is determined by the previous word. The words need to be randomised as the ink colour of the first word. Any idea how to record the position of a random sequence and use it as variable for the selection of the ink colour?

Many thanks,

Elena
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
You can select a random display (i.e. ink) color at the start of the block and then move on from there according to the *word* selected. A minimal example follows below:

<values>
/ displaycolor = 1
</values>

*** randomly select 1 out of 4 display colors at the start of the block ***
<block myblock>
/ screencolor = (black)
/ onblockbegin = [values.displaycolor=noreplace(1,2,3,4);
    text.mytext.textcolor=list.displaycolor.nextvalue; ]
/ trials = [1-4=mytrial]
</block>

*** at the end of the trial set display color for the next trial according to the *word* item selected in current trial ***
<trial mytrial>
/ ontrialend = [values.displaycolor=text.mytext.currentindex;
    text.mytext.textcolor=list.displaycolor.nextvalue; ]
/ stimulusframes = [1=mytext]
/ validresponse = (57)
/ posttrialpause = 500
</trial>

<list displaycolor>
/ items = (red, green, blue, yellow)
/ selectionmode = values.displaycolor
</list>

<text mytext>
/ items = myitems
/ fontstyle = ("Arial", 10%, true)
/ txbgcolor = (black)
</text>

<item myitems>
/ 1 = "Red"
/ 2 = "Green"
/ 3 = "Blue"
/ 4 = "Yellow"
</item>

Edited 9 Years Ago by Dave
tecnika
tecnika
Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thank you very much!!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search