How to define a response that is recorded but doesnt end a trial?

Author
MaxiBecker2015
Partner Member (630 reputation)Partner Member (630 reputation)Partner Member (630 reputation)Partner Member (630 reputation)Partner Member (630 reputation)Partner Member (630 reputation)Partner Member (630 reputation)Partner Member (630 reputation)Partner Member (630 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dear Inquisit-experts,

I`m sorry for this rather basic question but I'm new to Inquisit: I have a question regarding the recording of a response key ("v") that is, when pressed during a trial, not supposed to lead to the end of the trial (which is why this kind of response cannot be indexed as /validresponse or /correctresponse in the trial definition). However, this pressed key ("v") is supposed to still be recorded in the data file everything it is pressed during the trial. How can I tell Inquisit to do so?
For any suggestions, thanks a lot in advance!

Best, Maxi

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
You specify the response in /validresponse as usual. If you don't want the response to terminate the /trial, select a suitable /responseinterrupt mode in the <trial> element. The default is 'immediate', which is not what you want. You want either 'trial' or 'frames'

MaxiBecker2015
MaxiBecker2015
Partner Member (630 reputation)Partner Member (630 reputation)Partner Member (630 reputation)Partner Member (630 reputation)Partner Member (630 reputation)Partner Member (630 reputation)Partner Member (630 reputation)Partner Member (630 reputation)Partner Member (630 reputation)
Dear Dave,

great, thank you so much for this super fast reply. I was just wondering if it is also possible that I have one response (space key) that is recorded but does end the trial and the other response ("v") that is just recorded but does not end the trial. I this also possible somehow with this /responseinterupt argument in the trial element? Or do I need something else to specify this?

Best, Maxi

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
If you need to allow for and record multiple responses in a single instance of a <trial>, you need a different approach. Specifically, you need to employ some /isvalidresponse trickery. See e.g. https://www.millisecond.com/forums/FindPost15812.aspx and https://www.millisecond.com/forums/FindPost16752.aspx for examples. The trick is to consider the response *invalid* (false), yet store it in a variable (a <values> entry logged to the data file).

MaxiBecker2015
MaxiBecker2015
U are awesome!!! Thanks so much!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search