experiment in Inquisit 4 stops working in Windows 8.1

Author
tecnika
Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Hello,
A student is trying to run an experiment on her PC laptop with Windows 8.1. The script worked fine before and on my Mac, but now it crashes with the above message. I have tried to uninstall Inquisit 4 and install it again (from the last version available on your website) but it is giving the same error message.
What can I do?
Thank you,
Elena

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
An error like this is usually indicative of a mistake in the script (it does something it shouldn't do). What that mistake is, is impossible to tell without the actual code.

tecnika
tecnika
Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)
Please find the script in attachment. In my Mac it works fine...it is just in her laptop that it crashes.
Thank you,
Elena

Attachments
maryse_v3.iqx (641 views, 1.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Thanks for the script. There is nothing obviously wrong with it and it runs fine for me under Windows.

Which means: There's probably something wrong with this one particular Windows 8.1 system. Since the script uses /voicerecord, it might be a broken audio driver and/or a malfunctioning microphone (the script requires a working microphone to receive input).

Obtain and install the latest drivers for the system's sound card. Then, before you try running the script, test microphone input via Tools -> Speech Recognition -> Microphone Wizard...

tecnika
tecnika
Ok, I will try. Thank you so much!

Dave
Dave
Please let me know what you find. Two additional data points may be useful in narrowing down the cause of the issue:

(1) The full AppCrash or AppHang report from the Windows Software error logs. You should be able to access those via

Control Panel -> System and Security -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> Application

(2) Inquisit's own technical log file, accessible via Tools -> View Log File...

If you want to share those two things, I'll be happy to take a look and see if I can glean any further leads from them.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search