Start presentation of a stimulus (finishlabel) while other stimulus (video) is still presented

Start presentation of a stimulus (finishlabel) while other stimulus...
Author
Luise
Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
In my experiment I present a video as stimulus within a surveypage. I want the finishlabel that stops the video and switches to the next page to not work /appear from the beginning on but only after the first minute of the video. I also tried not using a surveypage but "trial", but I cannot figure out how to do it. Is there any possibility to use "stimulustimes", "responsetimes" or any other do make this work?
I´d be really grateful for a response!

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
You should use a <trial>, not a <surveypage>, to do that. Display the video via its /stimulustimes, display a <text> element serving as "next"  button one minute after the start of the video, also via /stimulustimes.

Luise
Luise
Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)
Thanks for your response...unfortunately it still does not work! I always get the message trial.stimulus1/stimulustimes/stimulus sequence already defined...maybe you´re able to find the reason for this in my script?

<text Weiterlabel>
/ items = ("Weiter")
/ position = (50%, 85%)
/ fontstyle = ("Bell Gothic STD Black", 3%, false, false, true, false, 5, 0)
/ txcolor = black
</text>

<video Person1>
/ items = ("XXX")
/ position = (45, 50)
/ playthrough = false
/ size = (1100, 1000)
</video>

<trial Stimulus1>
/stimulusframes = [1 = Person1; 2 = Weiterlabel]
/stimulustimes = [0 = Person1; 60000 = Weiterlabel]
/inputdevice = mouse
/validresponse = (Weiterlabel)
</trial>

<block Stimulus1>
/ trials = [1= Stimulus1]
</block>

<expt>
/blocks = [1=Stimulus1]
</expt>

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
 <trial Stimulus1>
/stimulusframes = [1 = Person1; 2 = Weiterlabel]

</trial>

is wrong. You need to use *either* /stimulusframes *or* /stimulustimes. You cannot use both at the same time. Delete the /stimulusframes attribute.

<trial Stimulus1>

</trial>
Luise
Luise
Great! Thank you! It is working perfectly fine now. Is there any way to keep a possibility to skip this block by a keyboard-input? Right now this is only possible after my "Weiterlabel" appears. (Last question, I promise ;) )

Dave
Dave
The standard key combo to skip a block is CTRL+B. I'm not sure why you would want the trial to be skip-able, though. Wasn't forcing participant's to watch the video for a minimum duration the entire point?

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search