Textbox to advance experiment

Author
saudrain
Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm having some issues getting my textbox to function properly. My experiment has multiple waves, so I want the starting page of my experiment to be a simple welcome page with a textbox to input the user's email address (used as an identifier), which is required to continue. I have created this page and it looks good, but when I enter something into the textbox and press the "continue" button, nothing happens. i.e. I can't advance to the rest of my experiment beyond the welcome page. 

I have tried: 
<text startpage>
/items= ("

Welcome! Please enter your email address to get started.")
/ hjustify=center
/ valign=center
/ size =(1200,750)
/ fontstyle=("Arial", 4%, false, false, false, false, 5, 0)
</text>

<openended enter>
/ range= (10000, 20001)
/ position= (50,50)
/ stimulusframes= [
1=startpage
]
/ linelength= 40
/ validresponse= (anyresponse)
</openended>

<block enter>
/ trials = [
1=enter
]
</block>

<expt>
/ blocks = [
1=enter; 2=instruct; 3=recognitiontest; 4=codegeneration]
/ postinstructions=(page.end)
</expt>

And I have also tried: 
<surveypage enter>
/ caption="Welcome! Please enter your email address to get started."
/ questions=[
1=enter
]
</surveypage>

<textbox enter>
/ range= (10000, 20001)
/ position= (50,50)
</textbox>

But I get the same problem either way. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! (And if more information is needed please let me know!)

Tags
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
The /range attributes you specified

/ range= (10000, 20001)

limit the valid inputs to numbers between 10000 and 20001. If you want to have an email address accepted as valid input, you should (1) remove the /range attribute(s) and specify /mask = emailaddress instead.

<openended enter>
/ mask = emailaddress
/ position= (50,50)
/ stimulusframes= [
1=startpage
]
/ linelength= 40
/ validresponse= (anyresponse)
</openended>

saudrain
saudrain
Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Ah yes, makes sense. Thanks for your help!! 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search